Chapter 42

******

Sean hit the brakes when Aeneas suddenly appeared in front of the car. From that instant, he knew something big was happening for Aeneas to be showing up out of nowhere like this. It's always Arthfael that is making trouble "Don't get out of the car" He instructed as he unbuckled his seat belt.

"Isn't that a demon" Diego got out of the car before Sean could stop him "He looks like the other one we met earlier right"

"Just stay here" The sternness in his voice made Diego feel like Sean was hiding something. Here he was once again not scared of a demon, and not just any demon. With the aura that was coming off of the demon Diego knew this was a really powerful demon from the one they had been with earlier.

The smell and air reminded him of something, something he couldn't put his finger on "Why are you here?" Sean questioned, stern yet his voice trembled and Diego heard it so he made his way closer to Sean.

"I'm stronger than any demon, no need to worry" Diego comforted, he didn't know why he did but he felt like he should. He didn't like the fact that the human was scared, he felt overly protective "Who are you and why are you here?" Aeneas moved his eyes to Sean then back to Deigo.

"You don't know who I am?" the entire universe knew him and Diego should know him.

"He had an accident, he doesn't remember much" Sean intervened.

"I did?" Diego was shocked, did he have an accident making him forget some things? No wonder something feels different but how would he forget? He was an Aki, capable of restoring his brain in a second how could he forget a thing? That was highly unlikely and he took it as the human lying

Aeneas made his way closer, and Diego pushed Sean behind "An Aki that doesn't remember" Aeneas clicked his tongue, he was about to add when Sean ran to him and shook his head as if begging him to not say anything "Well since you're my mate's best friend, I will do as you say but I need him to come with me"

"Why?" Why would Aeneas need Diego

"He needs to break a spell for me"

"A spell?" Sean glanced at Diego "He doesn't know how to do that" Diego sucked in a breath as his words lodged in his throat. How the hell does a mere human know about that, did he open up that much to a human?

"This one just needs his blood"

"Why would I give a demon my blood-" Aeneas walked closer and Diego prepared himself for anything.

"You always want to fight the strong ones huh?"

"A demon?" Diego scoffed, the only strong creature was Abnus but he knew if given a chance he would kill it in just seconds "There is no demon that can match me, I can even give their king a run for his kingdom"

Aeneas laughed, a short laugh but an amused one "Now I see how you got in trouble" He sighed while stepping back "How about you give me a run for my kingdom"

"Lord Aeneas" Diego spoke out with a hand on his mouth "You look different" The last time he saw him he was sure this wasn't the face "It can't be, he looks nothing like you or did you overthrow him"

"Who would dare dethrone me?" Diego glanced at Sean, something felt off. If Aeneas looks different, then how much has he missed? Was he out for a day or longer than that for Aeneas to have a new face? Either a body switch which couldn't have happened. His bet was reincarnation and that proved he is missing something.

"Something doesn't feel right-" he held onto his head which had begun throbbing once again. The more he strained himself to recall what he had missed the harder it became for him to remember. He healed himself but as before he had to do it three times before he got a bit of relief.