Chapter 9

Friends?

******

Diego heard his mate's call but this time he didn't jump to go see him. After what happened the first time he knew better than to jump to conclusions, Sean might have called it because...Diego didn't know what to think.

All he knew was the fact that his mate couldn't have summoned him. It had to be an error or he was summoning Aeneas or even Alexander and got the names wrong. His mate wouldn't want him anywhere near him and he has proved that one right. Even after four years he still felt the same, it was time to accept his mate didn't need him around.

Diego was about to let it go when he got called once again, it was his mate's voice. This time calm and collected, Diego loved that voice. The way it summoned his name was everything he lived for even if it was an accident once again "Eirenaios come to me" The third time it was soothing and soft.

Diego couldn't fight the urge to go see his mate, there was no regretting this later. He summoned him three times, that has to count as something.

He took in a deep breath before appearing in front of Sean. This time Sean didn't jump back, he squeaked a bit but that was all. Diego had his heart in his throat, worried even regretting his decision to show up "Hello" Sean breathed out as if he was someone who was taking a load off his chest.

Diego felt his lips curl up into a tiny smile, the first time his mate has greeted him and nicely to that. He wasn't running or stepping back, his eyes were softer than earlier "Hello" He replied, in the same manner, his eyes looking up into his mate's eyes. Sean was short but with Diego's body, he was even shorter, not like how he used to be in his real body.

At this point, he didn't want to worry about the curse or the body he got trapped in. His eyes were in his mate's eyes that had a smile in them. Not anger or fear, just light. It felt like the best moment of Diego's life in so long.

He took a step forward and Sean went on alert "Whoa what are you doing?"

"Nothing, um nothing" Diego almost scolded himself, his mate has just summoned him and he was already ruining it "You summoned" He added while clearing his throat, he hoped that didn't ruin anything.

"Yes three times"

"I'm sorry, I thought you didn't want to see me"

"Well..." Sean had thrown him out earlier so that was understandable. Sean felt shy all of a sudden, and that felt weird in a very weird way. He couldn't rest his fingers on it and the eyes Diego was shooting his way were not helping at all. Joshua gives him looks yet the looks from Diego were different in another kind of way "Can we seat? We should seat" Things felt awkward.

Diego nodded and they both moved to the couch with enough distance between them. No words just smiles. Genuine smiles that no one understood exactly where they were coming from. Both sides are just unknowingly happy. At some point, Sean felt his face heat up and that was when he decided to end whatever that was coz it was getting creepy at this point.

He cleared his throat "Um, I summoned you because Aeneas said I should call you when...something happens" Diego nodded jumping over the fact that he was here because Aeneas had told Sean to call him in case of anything. He was just happy to see his mate and that is all that mattered and not the reason behind it "And something did happen" he nodded again "I didn't see what it was but it was here"

"Here?" Diego glanced around the room, he didn't smell anything the minute he got in. If something was here he would have at least smelt it.

"I don't know" Sean wasn't sure "Light was blinding my eyes and then something came to my ear and whispered something"