Chapter 40

******

Diego groaned as he felt a pounding inside his head. It was extremely excruciating with unbearable pain following it. In all his life his head had never hurt as it did right now, he snapped his finger and within a second the pain was subdued but still not gone, so he did it again 'Is my healing effect not working?' he thought

"Are you okay?" A worried voice got him to finally open his eyes which he didn't know were closed due to the throbbing in his head. His eyes found red teary ones of a face he had never seen before.

Whatever he drank got him in a place he didn't know with people he knew weren't in his clan. The smell alone indicated that the person in front of him was indeed human and the smell not far away was of a demon. As his eyes wandered around the entire place looked like a cave with crumbled rocks covering some parts. Like they were trapped.

"Fucks sake, what did I do this time?" Diego whined as he pushed himself from the ground "I'm so dead...so dead...think, think...." He was pacing around the tiny room trying to think about what he did last night that got him in this mess. His eyes moved back to the two that were staring at him as if he were a movie.

He looked at both of them "What did we do last night? How did I come to be in the same space as a demon?...stop right there...mom is going to kill me if she finds out about this"

"Don't tell me you're still out of your mind?" Arthfael questioned still not catching up with this behavior. He had thought that once his Aki is back so will Diego.

"I'm I? What did you give me?" He is not one to forget, maybe the demon gave him something that wasn't consumable but since when has he drunk with demons and humans?

"Diego?" Sean called also kind of lost yet Diego glanced behind himself.

"Who are you calling?" suddenly his face came to that of understanding...That had to be the name he used last night when lying to the human. His name is so old and most humans tend to have a hard time pronouncing it plus he has to hide his identity to not be suspicious to humans "Anyway, I have to go. Need to find a lie to tell my parents before it's too late"

His hands moved to his body and found his clothes ripped and so tight on his body "What the fuck am I wearing?" He made his way to the door with Sean still in a trance and the last thing he heard from Diego was "Why can't I remember what I did last night" before he disappeared.

That was when the trance disappeared, Sean ran after him but he was nowhere to be found "Diego?...Diego!" A hand on his elbow turned him around.

"This isn't the place to yell" Arthfael warned as he pulled him through the tunnels before he created a portal and got them out of the soul prison.

"Why are we here? We should go back-"

"He is not there" Arthfael cut off his rants "He has to be on his way back home"

"What happened? What was that?"

"He came back, the spell was broken but I think he doesn't remember anything"

"He has amnesia?"

"Not quite, he keeps on healing his headaches so I am thinking that his Aki is trying to heal him and make him remember but the more he keeps on healing his head the more he won't remember but I think he is fine...and powerful too" Arthfael could feel the energy emitting from Diego the minute he woke up. He knew that kind of power would be needed to defeat Darthaniel "We just need to stop him from healing his head and then he will remember-"

"No" Arthfael looked at him wondering why he would say no "I don't want him to remember"

"What? How will he fight Darthaniel if he doesn't remember"

"That was the first time I saw him relaxed without mist in his eyes I-" Arthfael was looking at him as if he had gone crazy.

"Are you bringing your mate bond into this, this is war and I need him-"

Sean didn't expect Arthfael to understand, he has never understood anything but for Sean he understands. This is the best he has seen Diego, even if he was all panicked and seemed crazy at the beginning but this was the only time Sean has seen him worry about something as futile as what he did last night. He has always looked like the world was weighing in on his shoulders yet right now. This was a moment Sean had dreamed of seeing and he was not going to tell it away because of war "Thank you for everything but I will take it from here"

"Darthaniel will be coming for him"

"I will be ready" Arthfael couldn't help himself but scoff.

"Just remember, you owe me one" That was a deal with the devil but Sean didn't care. He was thankful for everything that Arthfael did for him today. He brought Diego back and that was something he could never repay him.

"Thank you" Arthfael watched Sean run when the sting in his back increased, he moved his fingers to the pain healing it with a wave of his hand before creating a portal back to hell.

******

Sean drove the car to Diego's village, next to the river. He didn't know how he was going to explain the disappearance of Diego's clan but he hoped Diego doesn't remember that pain once again.

A frustrated cry pulled Sean out of his worry when Diego walked out of the water and lay on his back at the edge of the river. Even before Sean could move Diego had turned towards him "What are you doing here?" Diego asked calmly, Sean took a cautious step towards him.

"What happened?"

"I can't get in!" Diego yelled while pulling at his hair then he remembered what he has just said "I mean...I, fuck. You're human why am I telling you all this"

"You have already told me about everything"

"I did" Sean smiled as he took a sit next to Diego "Usually I don't talk a lot...damn I don't even know how I went into the human world and now Mom has locked me out"

"She has?" Sean glanced at the river where they passed the last time.

"I don't even know why I am telling you all of this, but anyway I will just erase your mind"

"Or we can go and enjoy while we wait for your mom to calm down" Diego smiled glancing at him.

"I always pick the right company, let's go" He pushed off the ground and patted down on his clothes, he seemed to have changed into fitting ones and looked dashingly cool "I didn't get your name"

"Sean"

"Eirenaios"

"Can I just call you Diego"

"You're my friend, why use a fake name"

"Or are you planning on erasing my memory after this"

"Well..." he didn't deny it yet he got a reaction he wasn't expecting. A laugh, a human who isn't scared of the unknown got him curious. Most humans would run yet he was with a demon and an Aki but he was not scared.

"You're staring" Sean pointed out.

"Something about you makes me comfortable and it's making me curious"

Sean smiled as he held onto the car door "I am just glad I make you comfortable" he said before getting into the car and Diego couldn't help but smile while shaking his head. For the first time, he is interested in a human.