Chapter 10

Mage

*******

Once they reached Cinder City, the smell of burnt coal hit them, the acrid smell made them both cough while covering their noses to protect themselves from the strong smell, it was too strong they felt like they were consuming it.

Arthfael raised his hand to purify the air into a nicer scent when it suddenly vanished then appeared a lady. Arthfael was ready to argue about the terrible smell they found but first, he had to clean his insides "Your father informed me of your visit, I didn't expect you to be late" The lady said with a warm smile.

"We ran into minor inconveniences, mage Cyanide" Jun bowed politely. Mage Cyanide had her eyes on Arthfael who raised his eyebrows in question.

"You look so much like your father" Mage Cyanide spoke while getting closer.

"You're not fucking me" She stopped after Arthfael's comment "You're not the first one to use that line on me, so lady, back off"

Cyanide took a step back and with a smile still etched on her lips she asked "Does it hurt you, To be wanted by those who can't have your father"

Arthfael gave a short dry laugh "Hurt? ha, why would it hurt to know I have the genes of someone wanted by all? I just have a class. I wouldn't say the same about my father" His eyes showed exactly how he felt about her. His eyes degraded her right on the spot "So back off grandma"

"Arthfael" Jun ran over but didn't know where to start. Cyanide seemed angry and her eyes were already glowing "Mage Cyanide please forgive him-"

"Get off my land!" She squealed loudly, Jun knew it was time to leave and not mess with a strong mage of her caliber.

"Arthfeal let's go" Jun tried taking Arthfael away but he wasn't barging "Arthfael, you're going to get us killed" Jun tried to talk some sense into him but he wasn't barging and he can't touch him or they will have other problems than the mage "Arthfael please" He glanced down at Jun, the poor boy was pleading with him to leave. He has never listened to him but he felt like they should leave plus there was nothing left to do there.

He walked backward his eyes still on the fuming mage, Jun wanted them to hurry before she could rain horror on them yet Arthfael was acting like they had all the time.

Jun couldn't have been more grateful than he was when they finally got out of the mage's territory. Arthfael who seemed cool the entire walk out lost his cool immediately "My father sending me to bitches he has fucked before" He groaned pacing in anger.

"You have just made us lose an opportunity to find out what happened to my people"

"Read my face, do I look like I give a fuck" Arthfael argued his voice going up a bit when suddenly Jun ran into him and they went tumbling down the hill to the bottom of it. Arthfael felt sand getting into his clothes and onto his skin and all because of a stupid larpon that rushed into him. As soon as they landed Arthfael was ready to finish off the larpon right there when something snarled above him.

His eyes moved toward it, vicious animals had surrounded them. Jun groaned waking up a second later and was met with the sight. He had seen one that was about to attack Arthfael before they stumbled down but now he is either delirious or they have multiplied.

Arthfael stood up and dusted himself off with a quick spell as he watched his enemies. It was clear the witch had sent them, he could have seen that coming. No mage ever let them go, they always sneak behind and do something like this "Stay behind me" he instructed Jun as he raised both his hands "Let's first cover this sight before we..." He created a cloud around himself so he wouldn't see what he was about to do. As much as he enjoyed ripping things apart he didn't enjoy watching them get ripped apart.