Chapter 38

*******

Sean has always been strong enough to withstand any storm that came his way. He believed that every storm will get an answer eventually, all he had to do was go through the day and hope that the next day was better.

That motto has helped him half his life yet now, now that motto only reminds him how bad things are and how worse they can get the next day. Today is bad and the next day gives zero improvements or worsens right in front of his eyes.

He doesn't know what to do, staying strong only makes him weak. This pains harder than anything, watching Diego be like this hurts him. The fact that he can neither feed himself nor connect to reality just makes him want to scream out to the world. Blame it for everything that they are going through.

Why too much suffering?

A firm grip on his shirt made him turn to Diego once more, his dead-white pale eyes stared directly at Sean. He wiped his tears taking a seat next to Diego "Did you need something?" Sean tried to smile through the sadness.

Diego's hand only fell back on the bed weakly, he took it between his palms and asked again "What is it, do you want to tell me something?" he got no reply, just a simple groan of pain "I know, I'm sorry" he apologized knowing Diego had to be in pain but this was the only way of keeping him alive and hidden "But don't worry, soon this will be over and you will go back to your normal self" not like he was being heard but he tried to comfort the little pieces of Diego he got left.

Even with the little belief he has, he knows a solution will come one of these days. They will find a way to reverse what Darthaniel did, for now all they need to have is patience and Sean needs strength to get him through this rough time... Sean glanced out the window. Deep inside the forest with nothing in sight is where they are hiding.

When Diego's ancestors let him stay, Diego's mother recommended this place as a safe place to hide from the world. It's where Aki Leroy first stayed after the death of his Lord, it was safe from any prying eyes.

Diego having lost not only his memories but also the ability to make a thought put him in danger from others and the more his mind tries to fix itself the more Diego tries to harm himself, as a solution, Sean got a lunar star from the Aki land.

It was strong enough to make Diego weak, making him incapable of moving from the bed. As much pain as this causes Diego, it was necessary because it keeps him from harming himself or running wild.

His health hasn't improved since that day, even in hiding for almost four months Diego is still not getting better.

Sean looked up, no sunlight can reach where they are, deep inside the forest. In the house Leroy first, Sean hoped a solution will come soon.

*******

Arthfael was walking when his path suddenly changed, he glanced around and found Jun smiling at him, and he couldn't help but smile back "Aren't you making this more fluent" He wasn't complaining at all, his heart warms up when he sees Jun.

"I missed you" Arthfael felt a skip inside his heart he forgot where he was going before Jun showed up.

"You look princely" Arthfael commented, Jun glanced down and he was still in his party clothes. He had escaped from boredom and decided to put on the ring so he can meet with Arthfael once again.

"You like it?"

"It suits you" Jun felt his cheeks burning up, and he averted his eyes somewhere else with a tiny smile.

"What were you doing?" Jun asked diverting the conversation. Arthfael leaned onto the tree and Jun followed, both trees were a few meters away from each other. They had a sight worth looking at yet they both had their sights on each other.

"Trying to figure out where Diego is hiding" He has searched yet still has no hope of finding a clue of where those two are hiding "I found Diego's Aki soul"

"You did? Where?" Jun shot of the tree in both surprise and happiness. He has always felt bad for Diego and after what they did to him he deserves to have his soul back.

"Prison of the souls, the only way to free it is if I put it back inside Diego but I have searched everywhere, and I can't find him"

"Maybe I can help" Jun took off the ring and in seconds Arthfael was back on the road only to be pulled back when Jun appeared once again with the globe in his hands "It holds enough power to search for anything"

"You can't strain its energy, we need it, remember"

"I know but if I can do this for him then I don't care about anything else" Jun still felt guilt up to this day. He took in a deep breath, the orb started glowing as Jun summoned Diego.

The orb started burning in his hands, and the energy emitted from it was strong that Jun let it go. Arthfael was quick to hold it before it hit the ground.

Once in Arthfael's hands, the light turned down and he was able to see Diego through it "I know where he is" Arthfael lifted his eyes back to Jun who had his hands behind his back "Are you okay?"

"Yes, I'm fine" Jun lied, he knew since Arthfael can't smell his scent he also won't be able to smell the blood that was licking from his palms "Go find him" Arthfael tried handing him the orb but Jun knew he can't take his hands from behind his back "Leave it down"

Arthfael looked at Jun for an entire second, he could see him in pain. Something has to have happened while he was holding the orb "Show me your hands" Jun's eyes widened.

"No"

"Jun" Jun stepped back when Arthfael tried to pull his hand "You're hurt, don't hide it from me" Arthfael growled.

"You will never hold my hand if you see it" Those words made Arthfael stop "I will take care of it, just go" Jun didn't know that his words hurt Arthfael. Arthfael wanted to help his mate and treat him even if he knew he was useless and would probably throw up at the sight of it.

He has known long enough that it was a huge problem but not being able to treat his mate made him even sadder than ever. Maybe for others, it wouldn't matter but this was his mate "I will heal so that you don't have to hide your wounds from me"

He rested the orb down and before he could disappear Jun called out to him "Be careful"

He nodded then disappeared. Jun took his hands from behind he back and looked at them, they were a mess. If Arthfael got to see them, they would have taken more steps back from where they were. Holding Arthfael's hand was a step Jun didn't want to lose any time soon.

As he held onto the orb he pulled off his ring and went back to his room hoping for the best to come out from where Arthfael went.