Chapter 8

Journey to Cinder Village

*******

Arthfael walked through the dark alpines, they seemed so many years old at how long and wide they sat. The chilling air was going deep into their bodies. Arthfael created a warmness on his body with an umbrella trying to avoid any speck of dust that might land on him.

The umbrella was a hindrance to their journey yet he seemed not to be bothered by it. His feet moved so fast, Jun was having a hard time keeping up with the heavy bag that held his orb.

A branch almost landed on his forehead but he held it only to see a smile on Arthfael's face "I would suggest you put aside this kind of game and focus on...." Jun trailed off as he slipped on a protruding root that caught his shoe, he ended up landing face-first into the black sand.

"Make sure you don't touch me" Arthfael would have laughed if dirt wasn't involved. Now he was disgusted by Jun more than he already was, Jun picked up the dirt and threw it to him. Arthfael reacted as quickly as possible using the umbrella to shield himself from the incoming threat and he got saved "Try that again and you will lose a finger"

Jun rolled his eyes, he got up dusting himself as best as he could though most stayed. Arthfael continued the journey and the more they walked the higher it got. Going down seemed dangerous right now and Jun was getting scared. He held onto his bag and strutted closer to Arthfael trying to not be left behind.

"Ugh...Aeneas is going to pay for this" Arthfael groaned when his shoe sunk into the sand that was getting steeper. He used his power to clean his shoe but he was mad. Yes, he wanted to find out why the larpon behind him didn't cry he just didn't want it as a mission. It feels like a waste of his time, why does it matter? "I am going to make my revenge sweet"

"And what would you do?"

"I wasn't talking to you" He was simply thinking out loud "But since you asked, I will tell you. What about I break his bond with Papa?" Jun stopped walking and took in a sharp breath.

"Don't do that"

"You don't tell me what to do" Jun walked closer and even if he was short he pointed at him.

"Don't even think about it Arthfael" He argued "How would you feel if they did that to you?"

"I wouldn't know, I haven't met my mate yet"

"You never mess with a mate bond" Jun advised "It's sacred and if you don't want to hurt your papa don't do it" Jun passed him with anger.

"You don't tell me what to do"

"You need to be told what to do because you're not only a stolid demon but ignorant of something everyone knows about"

"Who says I don't know what a mate bond is?"

"If you did then you wouldn't have suggested what you just did" Jun fired back with anger, this time he was walking fast and Arthfael had to catch up with him

"I don't like the way you're talking to me you low life"

"You don't understand anything do you" Jun stopped and turned around this time taller than Arthfael since he was stepping on a high land than he was, he got a chance to look Arthfael in the eye as he added "You get a chance to find a mate, someone who is meant to care and love you. I will never get the chance to experience it unless this works"

"I am trying to figure out why I should care if you get a mate or not" Arthfael rested his hands over his chest "For a matter of fact, I renounce my okay to go into Cinder with you"

"What?" Jun fixed his bag on his shoulder "You agreed"

"Before I knew I was here helping you find a mate. I would rather die than let anyone be cursed to be with you" Arthfael pointed right into Jun's chest. Jun pushed the finger away in anger, this wasn't the kind of game that they should be talking about.