Chapter 44

******

Sean gasped upon opening his eyes, he was in the most shining room ever. Everything shined like gold, the sheets that were covering his body were silk gold plus the floor.

His hand moved to his neck when he remembered how he was about to be choked to death by Darthaniel. He threw his legs off the bed and walked towards the window pulling the gold curtain aside. His eyes met with fire, like a fire city filled with phoenixes.

The door opened behind him and the woman he knows as the goddess of Phoenix Ruxnera "I see you're finally awake"

"What am I doing here?"

"To help you become the god you were born to be"

******

Jun pushed the door to Aeneas' office to find Arthfael sitting on a chair with his teeth tapping the ground anxiously. He closed the door slowly "Where is Aeneas?"

"Gone to kill that bastard" Arthfael spoke with gritted teeth, his anger was beyond what he could control and just sitting around was making him even more anxious. All he wanted was to see Darthaniel's head bloody. He was willing to trigger his phobia just so he could see that bastard lifeless.

"Oh," Jun nodded while taking a sit too when suddenly Arthfael yelled pushing the seat back and getting up.

"I should have joined him to witness that bastard be ripped to shreds" Jun didn't say anything back, just those words proved that Aeneas agreed to end Darthaniel.

He was relieved coz he too was done with Darthaniel, he wanted the bastard dead and with Aeneas taking the job it will be done sooner than later.

Maybe they will get some peace after this.

*****

Darthaniel had taken control over Diego and was enjoying watching him do as he says. He has always wanted to have him in his hands ever since he found out that Diego had killed his father, however back then Darthaniel was not ready to face anyone.

The ground shook when something landed ripping the entire house apart leaving both Darthaniel and Diego exposed. Darthaniel stood up to find all his creatures choking on their blood with Aeneas standing over them in his human form.

"I see I caught your attention" Darthaniel spoke while untying Diego from his chains "Don't come back until he is dead" he commanded

"I thought you wanted to fight me, why send him?"

"I am not stupid" Darthaniel wanted his attention but he knew he was not going to go head-on with the king of the underworld. Only a white Aki can compare to his power "Kill him" Diego's eyes turned pitch white his Aki taking full control.

Aeneas took one step back as his scythe appeared in his hand. Diego flew towards him with full force, Aeneas blocked with his scythe, and as he pushed back Diego's hand had already ripped his shoulder open.

Darthaniel nodded in approval, the first hit and Aeneas was already bleeding.

Aeneas pushed the Aki back as it launched again but Diego sent white waves of knives towards him. The demon moved out of their way as quickly as possible and hit Diego on the head sending him to the ground.

Diego wanted to attack again but the scythe was on his neck "Get up and kill him" Darthaniel yelled, Diego's eyes darkened... He took ahold of Aeneas' scythe breaking the tip off right before sending Aeneas in the air.

Aeneas gasped in shock when he glanced at his now broken scythe, no one can do that but Diego did it in an instant without breaking a sweat. 'He was indeed one of the strongest white Akies' Aeneas admitted and watched as Diego attacked again, he sent fire towards the Aki, and with the distraction he got closer punching him on the head and sending him onto the ground.

Diego screamed holding his head in pain, Darthaniel exhaled in anger as he pulled off his coat picking up his sword "He has always been useless" Darthaniel spoke while attacking. Aeneas avoided the sword as fast as he could, his shoulder already healed and as he teleported his scythe into his hand he pushed it into Darthaniel but it couldn't go as deep as he wanted because the tip was off, and with that, Darthniel managed to push his sword into his chest.

He pulled it out as Aeneas was bleeding, he went to cut off his head but got pushed back by Diego "You betrayed us to save your son" Diego growled while pulling Aeneas's heart out of his chest.

Aeneas glanced at his open chest and his heart between Diego's hands. He fell back choking on his blood while taking in ragged and useless breaths before going still.

Darthaniel pushed Diego off of Aeneas's body and took a closer look. He was disappointed that he wasn't the one to end Aeneas but also happy that he had managed to kill Aeneas. The undefeated king of the underworld. A surprised laugh escaped his lips as he checked the body to make sure Aeneas wasn't healing but with his heart out that was impossible.

He glanced at Diego who was staring at his hands in horror but that didn't matter. He felt angry that he pointed his sword on Diego's head "I guess Lord Helios gave you all the power" he gritted out, he can't believe he had to defeat Aeneas with the help of a white Aki. The white Akies have always been favored and he was forgotten.

He lifted his sword ready to cut off Diego's head in anger but as he was about to he knew he still needed him. He knew he will be undefeated with Diego on his side.

He yelled as his sword chopped off Aeneas' head "Your mate will be easy to kill now. And your son is not a threat. My real threat now is Helios if he reincarnates but I know he will not be able to do a thing if I have his mate in my hands" his eyes glanced at Diego

"I got them in my hands"

******

The goddess of Phoenix moved closer but Sean created space "You don't trust me"

"For now the only person I trust is Diego and if you want me to trust you, you should let me go"

"But you're not a prisoner, you can leave when you want" Sean showed he didn't trust her at all and was willing to get out of there to search for Diego himself "But I don't think you should leave this place as human, that will not help your mate"

"I will try"

"He is under a dark Aki's control. How can you?..a human stop him and get your mate back"

Sean knew she was speaking facts but how is he to know she is speaking the truth? No one does a good deed, no one helps without a secret intention. Everyone cares for themselves even if it hurts others.

Sean has learned that firsthand, he has been betrayed over and over just because he trusts "Of course it's not for free" Like Sean had guessed, she stepped closer "After your reincarnation you are to be on my side and help me fight your brother"

"I want no part in whatever is between you and Lord Helios' brother"

She smiled "And you think staying human keeps you out, I am helping you fight fair coz your brother won't, and as soon as he finds out that your mate's curse is broken and he is no longer immortal he will be aiming for him" Sean's eyes widened.

He had not thought about that, Now Diego can die. He can live a long life but he can die if attacked "Immortality is for gods and your mate is no god"

"What are you saying?"

"You should be a god to protect your mate"

"How do I do that?"