Chapter 46

******

Arthfael finally awakened and he was back in his room with Jun beside his bed. He shot straight up his mind recalling the last image of his father's head in a box.

His hands trembled in fear, this was something he never thought would happen. His father was indestructible, no one could kill him. The shock of the news made him tremble as he pulled his legs closer to his chest, he wanted not to believe it but his father.

A hand-held onto his shoulder, Arthfael pushed his hair back as he lifted his head "I'm sorry-"

"Isn't it funny?" Arthfael cut Jun off "Aeneas Asmodeus is dead... it's funny right" He wasn't laughing but it sounded funny, not once had he thought of the fact that Aeneas would die. Who is strong enough to kill him? no one.

Jun was at a loss for words, he was still in shock himself and wanted to cry because Aeneas demon or not, his father or not...raised him. He was there many nights to cuddle him to sleep and sometimes he sang him a song. He was his family and he cared for him. Yes, it sounded funny that Aeneas was dead "It's not funny but I wish it were one of his sick jokes"

Arthfael glanced into space before getting off the bed, Jun followed and watched as Arthfael quietly picked out new clothes pulling them on. He wiped at his eyes before leaving the bedroom with Jun in tow wondering what Arthfael was thinking about right now.

His destination was in the throne room where they found every close member of Aeneas except Alexander present.

They all turned towards him and sadness coated their eyes. Edward was about to say something but Arthfael cut him off "Did you find out where Darthaniel is?"

"We have retrieved Aeneas' body but for now we don't know where he ran off to" Elvis replied as he walked over holding his hand onto Arthfael's shoulder "I know it is going to be a hard time for-"

"Who said so?" Arthfael cut him off, his eyes showing no sadness or the fact that he had been crying. He pushed Elvis' hand off of his shoulder "All I want is to find out where Darthaniel is" he calmly stated.

"This is not the time for revenge" David spoke appearing into view.

"I don't care what time it is!" Arthfael snapped, he breathed heavily while trying to calm himself down "I just need to know where Darthaniel is" They all could see through his tough facade.

"Arthfael" Elvis tried once again "We know how you feel, we all want to take him out as soon as possible but not right now okay"

Arthfael stepped closer with an enraged face "Then I will go do it myself" he turned to leave but Elvis called out his name.

"You're a king now" Arthfael turned to him with a confused look. He glanced at all of them as he tried to interpret the words correctly in his head.

"You're his second in command" He spoke when no one said anything. Elvis was supposed to be the king even if no one jas ever thought about it.

"This is why we need to talk-"

"No, tell me what the fuck is going on. How am I, king?!" Arthfael demanded with literal fear in his eyes.

"Arthfael, I can't be here. I need to go protect Alexander in the mating cave" Arthfael swallowed, he had just remembered his papa. He had to be suffering the most after this but still...

"I can't be king" Arthfael shook his head, this was scarier than he had anticipated. His father has always told him he will never be king. He has made it clear that the throne was not hereditary, it only went to those deserving and Arthfael wasn't the strongest demon or deserving of that throne.