Chapter 28

******

Sean was from seeing his sister and as he entered his apartment he heard things fall. He rested down the food he had come back with and ran into his bedroom where he left sleeping Diego.

As he opened the door he found Diego squatting down picking up the small wooden cartoons that he had thrown down "You're awake" He observed, Diego has been passed out for the last two days.

"And I have never felt this good" Diego stood up with his arms out. With just a snap of his finger, a yellow light shone out of his hand, and with a snap, it disappeared. He exhaled happily as he did it again and this time it consumed his entire body.

Sean gasped when his duvet caught fire "Sorry" Diego tapped his fingers onto the duvet forgetting he was on fire himself.

"Diego, light yourself out first" Sean advised while getting inside the room and taking out the fire on the bed as Diego did the same with his body. As soon as it was out Sean pointed at the door "Powers outside and please put on a gaddamn shirt"

"Yes and yes" Sean groaned before dashing for the door almost done with Diego. Diego followed behind while pulling his shirt on.

"You must be hungry, food is on the counter" Sean pointed getting himself a bottle of water then going to the couch and pulling out his book continuing to read where he left off.

He felt the side of the couch dip in and with one glance his eyes moved back to the book and completely ignored Diego until a finger tapped into his book not even a second later "I'm sorry for almost burning your duvet and for everything else" Sean rested the book down and turned his body towards him.

"I am sorry for making you think that you have to apologize" He felt bad, the last conversation they had didn't edge well when Diego entered Exton's body "It was your decision to make and-"

"You didn't like it" Sean sighed while glancing around the house trying to think hard of what to say next coz that is the truth. He didn't like it "I did it for me...." Diego added glancing down as if unable to add more "And us"

"When your soul was taken out of your body we lost the mate bond" Sean has felt a change, how he felt before and after it.

"I know"

"Right now what I feel is based on my human emotions. When I first saw your child form I felt a connection. The time we have spent together has brought that connection into something comforting. I cared for you and I wanted to protect you and be here for you but after the soul exchange I..." Sean's mouth opened yet nothing came out, he closed it and took in a deep breath "I feel nothing for the body you're in right now. You look like a stranger, I feel like I know you. I feel a connection towards you, I feel attracted to you but not you"

Diego tried to blink back the tears and when he stood up to leave Sean held his hand "I didn't say that to hurt you, I know you're happy with how you look. I just wanted you to understand how I feel"

"I didn't disagree with you, did I?" Diego replied while slowly taking his hand "I understand how you feel, you can never be attracted to me unless I am full"

"I don't know what you're talking about" Sean stood up too

"I have a soul, I have an Aki soul and a body. Unless we all get back as one you can never be attracted to me" He finally turned to Sean "It's not your fault you feel like that, it's the curse" He slumped back in the chair "I guess there is no way of escaping it after all.

Sean didn't know what to say, he sat back down and just pulled Diego into a hug. He pulled him into a hug that was well-needed for the both of them.

******