Chapter 35

*****

Jun took in deep ragged breaths, he was trying to stabilize his overly erratic heart. He has never thought of being this nervous because of a date with Arthfael yet he was. He felt like he was taking the most important step in his life and he couldn't mess it up. That wasn't an option even if he had no idea how not to mess up.

What was he to do on a date? How was he supposed to act? Will it be good? Will Arthfael still be interested or will he lose interest?

What if it went well and he had to leave in the end and might never get to see Arthfael ever again, but also if it does go horribly then that would be great if he never sees Arthfael ever again.

Jun passed hands over his shirt and the green scarf that was wrapped in the hooks of his pants giving it a form he enjoyed. He smashed his lips together making them a bit moist when he groaned knowing nothing was going to happen to them even if he died.

He almost fell back on the bed but decided to not do it because then he will ruin his outfit that he has spent an entire day preparing. He wanted to look nice, not like his original self. He was willing to be uncomfortable for the night if it was for Arthfael.

He decided it was time to leave, there was nothing he could add, and as he left his room his father's men were right outside. He ignored them and continued his journey to Arthfael's bedroom. He could hear footsteps behind him, he has never felt so irritated as he was at that moment "Will you back off" he snapped turning to them "It's not like I will disappear from the castle or something" They kept quiet like the warriors they were "I have two more days, give me peace" he groaned continuing and when he saw them still following he ran.

He ran until he reached Arthfael's bedroom yanking it open and then closing it behind him before they could get close or notice whose room he was in right now. He took a deep exhale "Still following you?"

"Yes and..." Jun trailed off once he finally turned to Arthfael and found a well-prepared simple dinner table filled with various types of food "You made dinner?"

"Papa helped me..." Arthfael nodded whilst his eyes surveying Jun from head to toe "You look nice today, you should dress like that more often"

"Thank you?" Jun bowed mockingly with a roll of his eyes taking offense at what Arthfael said.

"It's a compliment, you normally don't look good"

Jun took a seat opposite Arthfael with a scoff "Now you're just insulting me"

"I am telling the truth"

"Well your truth is insulting"

"Then I will not compliment you anymore"

"That will be appreciated" Jun firmed even if he kinda enjoyed the compliment insult. It was a win that today he cared for himself physically and not just buried his nose in a book and neglect his clothes.

"And your hair is..." Arthfael waved his hand and pushed the strand of hair on Jun's forehead that was sticking out back into position.

"You didn't just do that...I wanted it there" Jun glanced at himself in the mirror. He spent time pushing that strand of hair to stand out so that it could give shape to his face a bit more.

"You wanted it out of place" Jun hummed frustrated as he tried to bring it back "It was making your hair look weird and uncomfortable"

"You should have asked me before pushing it back. Do you know how long it took me to perfect it"

"It took you long to put it out of place?" Arthfael questioned with disbelief "All I have to do is..." he passed his hand through his hair and it became a mass of mess. Jun chuckled watching Arthfael's head almost look too tiny because of the hair standing out.

"I meant one strand, not all" Jun giggled out, Arthfael rested it all back then picked one and put it up "Thats cute"

"It is?" Arthfael brought out a mirror to stare at himself. The strand was sticking out on his forehead, not something he has ever tried but he wasn't disliking it at all. He turned his head to the side sticking his jaw out, Jun gulped biting his lip and getting into a dreamy state.

He has had these kinds of thoughts but lately, they have been sharp in his mind. Everything Arthfael did was certainly captivating. He wishes to trace his finger through his hair or his skin. His eyes were sharp and when he rested his face with his lips pressed together his face shape was sharp making him intimidating yet with just a mess of the hair or a smile his face would become soft "It works for me but I don't think it is good on you"

"Huh?"

"I am not surprised you didn't hear me since all you're doing is staring at me with horny eyes" Jun turned his head feeling a blush appear on his face "Like I was saying, I think maybe you should part your hair. Like a sideway or a mid-way. It will give you a nicer look than a single strand sticking out"

Jun was glad Arthfael had let it go like it didn't exist "Um, yeah" Jun shrugged picking up a glass of water and taking sips constantly while trying to calm his erratic heart once again.

"But overall I like your look tonight" Jun laughed disbelievingly while shaking his head. Jun picked at his food taking small bites without much of an appetite but since it was just the two of them, it was calming "I have always wondered how my first date would be"

"Arthfael" He hummed in response "Do you like me?"

Arthfael replied without missing a bit and Jun felt comforted by his answer "Hm, yes. I do like you"

"Will you miss me when I am gone?"

"I think"

"I know I will miss you," Jun said confirming "I have a request"

"Okay" Arthfael continued devouring his food like he was in the most comfortable place...well he was. In his bedroom. Arthfael couldn't think of anyone seeing him on a date. With the lack of privacy, he would feel as if every word he says is being heard by everyone in the room.

He trusted his bedroom better than any other place in the world. He knew he will feel safe and comfortable if he had his date in his bedroom.

"When we meet again you will hold my hand"

Arthfael almost choked on his food but was glad he didn't. He took a quick sip of water "Why?"

"Well I want to hold your hand"

"But what if we meet and I am not ready"

"I hope you will be ready, coz I am ready"

Arthfael felt an intense pressure in his heart, Jun was ready. What if even after therapy he is not ready, how will all of this workout?

This. whatever they are doing has to be a mutual understanding and agreement. Steps to be taken together, they had to be ready together. Each step, Arthfael wants to climb each step of the ladder with Jun.

He just didn't know if he will be ready when they meet again.

His eyes glanced at Jun's hands, long and pale with well-trimmed nails. They were pretty to look at, Arthfael is not one to look at someone and try to pick out what made them unique. This was the first time he was trying to look at Jun as someone he can hold hands with, he didn't feel like doing it now but it definitely didn't feel impossible either.

He knew he will feel it when the time is right and he will not regret anything.

"I will be ready for you to hold my hand"