Chapter 12

The book of Helios

*********

Diego and Sean reached the library late at night, it was already closed but they had to find a way inside. Diego stepped onto the trash can and pulled himself to the window and after breaking it he jumped in.

Sean yanked himself up and with Diego's help, he also landed safely "This way" Sean led the way and ran through the isles. Diego's bleeding decreased after some time and even if the wound was still open he could feel less pain.

Sean led them into one aisle, the moon lightened up the dark library which helped their search. He got a ladder and climbed up as his eyes searched through the aisle of books that were properly arranged "Sean hurry, something is here" Diego could feel it itching closer to them. Another fight with a xaloc might leave him close to death and Sean dead. That wasn't the fate he hoped for.

"Found it, catch" Sean threw the book to Diego and he was sent on his ass "Sorry, I didn't think it was that heavy"

"No, it's not heavy...." Diego trailed off after noticing the glowing light. The minute Sean's feet hit the ground he noticed the light too.

"What is going on?"

"This is the real book of Helios" Diego was captived, he has been searching for this book for centuries. He couldn't believe his mate knew exactly where the book was. The real one, the one they say was hidden a long time ago. He didn't expect it to be among human books in a public library. Diego brought his hands down to it and as he opened the first page his mesmerization disappeared. The book was empty "No" he flipped into it and each page was the same. All were empty "No, this is it. This is the book why-" the crashing of the window cut him off.

Sean picked up the book and hid behind the aisle as Diego followed too "I am going to need you to run" Diego instructed the minute he smelt what had entered. This wasn't a xaloc. As much as a xaloc is stronger than what has entered he knew the one here right now held anger inside it. The dragon wolf was something dangerous and he needed to leave in order for his mate to be safe.

"I am not leaving you"

"Right now" He brought his head out and was met with fire that almost burnt his head "You're going to have to" He got up while holding his mate's hand as the fire was blasted toward them "Run" Diego pushed his mate to the side as he put himself in front of the enemy.

He got blasted into all the shelves and he went flying with all of them "Eirenaios" The creature growled as it menacingly walked over to Diego "It was a pleasure to be granted the right to kill your mate"

Sean was hiding behind the shelves and he heard that. He brought his head out and found a creature that looked like a mixture of both a dragon and a wolf. His eyes moved to Diego who was having a problem getting off the ground. He knelt as he stared at the creature with determination "No one is touching my mate" Diego got up wobbling on his feet, he had a badly burnt arm but he wasn't giving up. Not yet, not when his mate is still alive.

The dragon wolf growled snarling at him, it blew fire out of its mouth. Diego jumped over the shelves landing to the side before launching towards it as he waved his hand throwing it back with a puff of air that sent all the books flying in the air...

The wolf blew fire and as Diego tried to avoid it his shirt caught on fire burning his chest and sending him to the ground "Where is your power" The dragon wolf taunted, he could feel how weak Diego was. He wasn't the same man he used to face, the one he could never take a hit on. boastful and powerful, a power he could not handle himself.

It stood right in front of him ready to scorch him until he was unrecognizable. Diego was weaker than he has ever been. In the past with his Aki he was stronger, and undefeated even if he was young. After the curse, he was a shell of the powerful man he had been.