Chapter Sixty-Three

^^^^^Our beautiful Princess Daya^^^^^

Captive

"The next full moon is coming up" I brushed my hair slowly, glancing at Salem in the mirror. He was sprawled out on my bed.

"Hmm" was the only muffled response I got. I turned to throw my hair brush at him and he immediately stopped me mid throw. I glared, feeling stunned still at how fast he was.

"That's not very nice" he spoke low but I could tell he was messing with me. I rolled my eyes and returned to brushing my hair.

"Do you think Alex's deal is genuine?" I questioned slowly. He told me about his talk with Alex after the ball wrapped up.. I just couldn't believe it.

"I don't know. He's definitely been a pawn so.. hard to trust." He watched me intently and I felt my cheeks heat up.

"I'll think on it.. watch his actions closely I guess. We'll come up with a plan I'm sure." I finished with a sigh. It was definitely a huge risk..

I watched in the reflection as he got up, coming up behind me slowly. Our eyes met in the mirror and he wrapped an arm around my shoulder.

"We will." He sounded confident. I couldn't help but smile and nod. He kissed my cheek, leaving to his room to change out of his tux. I once again considered asking him to just leave clothes in here...

I felt strange suddenly. Something caught my eye in the reflection and I froze, a feeling of dread came over me.

"Princess" the sinister voice behind me made my skin crawl.

I slowly began turning around and met the eyes of a very rough.. creepy looking guy. I couldn't take my eyes off of him. My mind frantically ran trying to think of something I could do. There were two other men in the room. They were both by the door. Salem would be back in seconds. He never took long.

He slowly began walking towards me and I opened my mouth to scream but the fear overtook me. No sound came out.

"Let's just make this quick and quiet. We'll save the introductions for later" He held his hands up, smiling wickedly. I couldn't move. My feet felt like blocks.

"S-sa-sa" I stuttered pathetically and tears began pooling at my eye lids.

He rose a finger to his lips, appearing at my side and quickly grabbing both of my arms.

"Call him in here and they will kill him the instant he enters the door" he whispered and I shut my eyes. I felt a weird plastic wrap around my hands, fastening them behind my back.

The door burst open and I frantically looked, the scream finding it's way out of my mouth. The 2 men and Salem became a blur. The man began trying to force me towards the window but I fought back with all of my might. In their sporadic fight I saw Salem punch the emergency button on my wall. The alarm blared in my ears.

"I want you to see this" the intruder whispered lowly, there was a weird excitement in his voice as he grabbed my face and kicked my feet out from under me. I yelped when my ankle shattered. He forced me to look as the two men had Salem held down. How. How was that possible. Then I noticed the syringe sticking out of his neck. I fought as hard as I could and kept screaming.