Chapter Seventy

Road-trip

I laid in bed for an hour after waking up rethinking last night over and over. The image of Salem, and what he said wouldn't leave my mind. I didnt understand how he could be split down the middle between his werewolf and vampire side. All I can do is wait for another visit. I definitely needed to bring this information to Alyce as well..

Speaking of Alyce, I needed to check my texts from her. She's been blowing up my phone and I've merely glanced and saw her name. As if on cue I sensed someone coming down the hall. My stand in was out there already. The door opened and I just knew it was Alyce.

"Don't know how to answer your phone huh!?" She appeared at my bed side , pinching my arm. I shot her a glare and sat up. I apologized quickly and explained what happened last night. Her eyes couldn't get any wider.

"Well, that's actually perfect considering what I have planned today." She spoke slowly and I looked at her in confusion as I got dressed.

"We're going to see one of moms friends." She spoke firmly and I raised an eyebrow.

"She's a witch" she whispered hurriedly and my eyes widened. I scoffed, laughing lightly.

"A witch, right." I shook my head in disbelief and she nodded.

"Yes. A witch. I've been sneaking around reading moms journals. I think this woman can help Salem. Now that we know it isn't just a case of amnesia, I'm even more certain she can help. She lives outside of the kingdom to the south. It seems like nobody knows about her, at least that's what I gather about moms journals." She spoke seriously and I stared at her blankly.

"I mean, I would assume nobody knows about this witch woman considering they were entirely wiped out when vampires came into power." I rolled my eyes at her, it was impossible. There were no witches left.

"Just humor me and take the trip with me. Please." She pled with me and I sighed.

"Don't you want to do whatever it takes to get your mate back?" She whispered and my heart ached. I nodded slowly and she clapped her hands together excitedly.

"I'll get the car ready. Meet me down stairs." She vanished quickly and I finished getting ready. I was nervous. The thought of leaving the kingdom without Salem was not a comfortable thought. I made my way towards the infirmary, greeting a nurse as she exited Salems room as I approached.
She bowed her head, smiling widely.

"Good morning Princess. I was just coming to notify you your guard woke up! He is resting now though, even though he was out for a few days." She smiled politely and I nodded, letting out a breath of relief. Finally.

"Thank you for letting me know. I'll come by later then, can you just let him know I'm going out for a little? And that I'll be back?" I spoke quickly and she nodded, bowing again.

I turned to leave, colliding with someone.

"Princess I'm sorry" Lydia was before me, bowing her head.

"It's my fault I wasn't paying attention" I spoke breathlessly and concern crossed her face.

"Are you okay? Is it Salem?" She grabbed my arm gently and I shook my head quickly.

"No no he's fine. He's awake. Im just a bit flustered is all. The nurse said he's resting so I'm going to check back in later." I stepped to the side so she could go in but she stopped me.

"I wanted to speak with you, if that's alright." She spoke seriously, a solemn look on her face. I nodded, folding my hands together.

"Of course, what's up?" I tried to hide my nervousness.