Chapter Twenty-Nine

The Visitor

I tossed and turned under my blankets, whining to myself. God my head freaking pounded. Is this what humans feel every time they drink too much?

I winced as I peeked out from under my sheet, the light irritating my eyes. I could not remember a thing....

I sighed and curled into a ball, pressing my hands against my eyes.
I could hear my door open and shut quietly and I whimpered to myself. My senses were shot. I didn't even sense anyone outside of my door. Then again, if it was my guard, I had never been able to sense his presence.

"Wakey wakey" a familiar voice whispered beside me and I moaned, pulling the covers down.

"What time is it?" I croaked as Victoria giggled.

"Time to get the hell up!" She whispered, my eyes going to the glass of water in her hand.

"How are you not dead right now?" I whispered in disbelief and she handed me the glass as I sat up.

"I didn't drink myself into a stupor last night, babes." She walked away and plopped down onto one of my recliners.

"It's only 10am. Do you remember last night?" She watched me carefully and I shook my head.

"Not a damn thing" I whispered, suddenly fearful for what might've happened. How badly did I embarrass myself?

"Lay it on me." I winced as my head reeled again.

"I mean you weren't crazy, honestly. You just drank twice your weight. You and Salem might've argued? You took off near the end of the night to the back alley and I just remember going out there and you two standing close and you looked super bothered. We left after that." She shrugged it off and my stomach turned. What the hell could've happened between Salem and I.

My stomach twisted again and I gasped, forcing myself to fly out of bed and into my bathroom, immediately throwing myself to the floor in front of the toilet.

I could hear Victoria giggle from my bedroom as I threw up whatever was left in my stomach.

Instantly feeling relieved, I sighed and sat on my bathroom floor. I wouldn't dare go too far until I knew it was safe.

"She's in there" I heard Victoria giggle again from outside of the bathroom door and my eyes widened. I lurched forward to shut the door, my stomach betraying me before I could I quickly spun back around and continued the horror.

"Jeez." A calm voice was suddenly next to me and I could feel my hair being pulled back, and a hand placed gently on my back.

"Ah I remember the first time I drank more than I could handle." Salem chuckled next to me and I screamed internally. I did NOT want him to see me like this!

"Get away!" I gasped at him in between sessions and he sighed, not saying a word.

I sat up and sighed, Victoria leaning against the door frame holding a hand towel out for me.
I snatched it, glaring at both of them.

"I hope you're both enjoying this." I hissed, trying to make myself look presentable.

"Daya, listen." Victoria suddenly sounded serious, a look of concern on her face.