6. No Tears

I take in a deep breath just as my bedroom door opens again after Auntie left out not to long ago, this time it is Sherry

I take in a deep breath just as my bedroom door opens again after Auntie left out not to long ago, this time it is Sherry. Here I thought I had my emotions in check and then I see my bestie with a misty gaze, it just about breaks me.

Never in my wildest dreams thought today would be so tear filled. I knew I may get a little misty but Auntie done caught me off guard and now Sherry. Sherry is hard to cry, trust me we have went to watch the sad movies ever made and she is the type to just snicker, so to see her cry I know is breaking her heart and now mine.

"The day has came! How are you feeling?" Sherry's voice quivers slightly.

"I am doing okay. The normal I guess with nerves and excitement but now also sadness because Auntie caught me off guard and now you are." I huff out a laugh and fan my face making Sherry laugh. "That is more like my best friend." I smile.

Honestly, that is how I started feeling more after talking with Auntie and she got my mind off the player. Best way to call him or shall I say the nicest name I have came up for him. It still makes me mad with the thought but also now there is still this heaviness in my chest, like a part of me is earning to smell his manly scent again, feel his touch, or hear his voice. Parts I that are making me overly confused because of how he done after we had that moment, I mean it wasn't like I was rooting for anything more but still like come on man don't be a douche about it either.

"So how was your walk last night after you left the club?" Sherry looks to me with a smirk.

I nod. "It went."

"It went? I noticed Valin followed out the club not long after." Sherry wags her eyebrow.

I let out a huff. A part of me wants to spew every detail to Sherry because only the universe knows I need my best friend to back me up and be mad, but at the same time it doesn't seem right either. The prick is her boyfriends best friend, so the last thing I want is for something to be started and risk Sherry having issues with her boyfriend.

"Let's just say he laid it on hard then acted stupid." I roll my eyes when Sherry kept giving me a hard look when I didn't answer.

Sherry is taking back.

"Oh Fayla. Don't tell me you been touched by the family curse as I call it." Auntie walks in and guess having heard our conversation. Not that I mind. Just seems a little strange but in todays world, come on, not many are virgins by eighteen anymore from how every talks when in high school.

"Family curse?" Sherry and I pipe up at the same time.

"Yeah the one where we fall hard and deep seems like but the connection is just over powering and mind boggling. Then it ends up giving in to the feeling or getting lost in it, in my opinion, after the smutty deed is done the guy seems to just vanish and never call again." Auntie rolls her eyes.

I choke on my own spit, because she talks like it had happened to her too.

"It sucks kiddo, but you're strong and there are more fish out there. I have a feeling you will be luckier than me and find the right one in the future." Auntie smiles like she didn't just read my mind or something. "Oh food will be here in about ten minutes. A surprise for you girls."