56. Being Brave

The car is finally on a gentle road

The car is finally on a gentle road. All in which is a blessing and a curse all at the same time. Blessing because at least not bouncing around back here in the back seat as my wrists have been tied together and the other end attached to what I call 'The oh Shit' handle above the window. A curse though because it means we are getting farther away from the pack lands and my mate who I want more than anything right now.

I want my mate and scared for several reasons.

First, my kidnapper is none other than Frank.

Second, that pain I had right when he was able to get me restrained was where my water must have broken. Since then I have been leaking fluids and the pain is so much worse.

My finger nails have made imprints on my palms where I dig them in during a contraction. Anything to keep quiet and redirect the pain I am feeling off and on. I can't time them because this car is so freaking old there is not even a radio in it.

Talk about someone not wanting to be traced this car would be the only way how. There is absoutely not a single thing in here technology wise that could trace him.

"What do you want?" I finally speak up wanting to distract him or find something out.

Yes. More like I had to build up the courage also.

There is nothing worse than feeling like this and a part of me is scared finding out may be worse.

Frank laughs and then looks at me in the mirror barely hanging onto the window. With what little sun is left in the sky with the trees being so bare in this section.

"You will be my mate Fayla. You were never meant to escape me before and I must say your son turning into a wolf was a shock since I never smelled him before. Such a young age too which with the proper training could have made him powerful, something I could have used to my advantage but the alcohol knocked me out with the shock of it all."

"I have a mate." I spit out not meaning to let the anger show through so easily.

Frank just laughs once more.

"Yes how I know and makes it all the harder. To bad I couldn't track you down faster." Frank sighs.

"Never the mind. I will just mark over the current one you have which will break the bond and make one with me. As for the pup on you, I don't have the heart to harm innocents which is why your son was safe for as long he was. So when you birth said pup I have a way to send it to your mate, he can raise it and might as well make sure your son is safe too." Frank shrugs while driving still.

I open my mouth then close it as I try breath through another pain that shoots through me.

After a minute or two I figure since it feels to last so long, I finally catch my breath again.

"Why me? You liked me at first then you went to drinking and abusing me not long after we moved in with you. What in the hell makes you think I would accept you as a mate?" I seethe having enough and wanting to be far away from him.

"You see I was fond of you when we met that is no lie. Right after you and your son moved in I ended up finding my true mate. No issue I would have simple broken up with you but things changed in a blink of an eye for me in where things involved you. Ah, this is all the easier that you know of the werewolf population. To think I had a natural born Luna too in my grasps and now once more."

None of this still makes sense to me in the least. What I hate is the fact everything is so dark out way to fast and not much traffic no one can tell I am literally tied up back here.

"When I was rejected by my true mate, her reasonings were the fact that I smelt of you and the fact I am a rogue. I could handle the rogue part." Frank shrugs. "I was born as such and pack life never sounded fun having to follow someones ruling."

"You're an idiot." I huff as I pull on the ropes once more.

Once more my attempt is stopped when another contraction shoots through me. I suck in air and dig my nails into my hands as this one seems even harder.

This really is not the right time. Then again babies do come when they are ready.

"Which is why I took up drinking it helped with the pain of the rejection. Plus dulled my wolf enough that I could work with all the plants and herbs to learn what masks a wolf's scent and what doesn't."

I finally can catch my breath and raise my head up.

"My wolf was in agreeance with you being our mate since truly it is your fault we lost our true mate. You will be mine and be obedient as well." Frank continues. "Once you have that pup I will make sure you get back down to the skinny bone sack I want. I noticed when I seen you several months back you had been eating too good. How I have no wonder since your cooking never was the best or restaurant quality."

A honk cuts off Frank's verbal abuse as headlights get right up on the back end of the car. I turn enough to where I can see behind me.

Being brave I wave my wrist in the air above my head hoping that person can tell since the headlights are shining right through the back window and it's not tinted.

My ears are met with a howl and one I know all to well. A light shines inside the vehicle behind us and it lights the car up to where I see Lance in the driver seat, Valin in the passenger and then Seth's wolfs head through the middle.

Finally a sense of peace washes through me as my mate found me with my son and friend helping. My protectors couldn't have came at a better time as another contraction hits just as strong as the last one.

"They are not getting you back so easily." Frank snarls and I feel as the car lurches forward faster.