7. Test

It has been six grueling weeks of long days and barely any sleep for working and studying all at once with tests thrown in

My flight six weeks ago had went by smoothly, but it took me a solid week it seemed like to get this overly painful aching to become a dull ache. It is ever constant still and it has gotten to the point of getting on my nerves that one idiot can literally have caused me all this heartbreak and I barely knew him. So, it has made it hard when I have been angry with myself over all of this as well.

Anyways, my roommate and fellow apprentice is also a female by the name of Rosie. She is a couple year older than I am but she is so very sweet and we have found to have common favorites. It has gotten to where Rosie has became a great friend and even Sherry likes her the same as me, which tells people anything with how Sherry and I can be, but we will all three video chat together sometimes over these weeks. Other times of course it is just Sherry and I on video chat.

I have held up and so has Auntie. Both of us keeping in contact and I never realized just how much she did always pay attention to me when I thought she was always just to busy working. What a difference something can make but I understood her too and honestly love how things have been through my life, it made my life independent.

"Hey Fayla?" Rosie calls out from her room.

"Yes?" I reply back in the same tone she used, then snicker when I hear a thump from Rosie no doubt stumbling.

Rosie comes in and smiles that one sweet smile I came to learn very quickly means she is fixing to need a favor. "Do you happen to have a copy of the anatomy papers the doctor was speaking over today? I didn't learn that in the schooling I took."

I giggle lightly before my stomach turns like it normally does around this time of night for the last several days now. "I actually have an entire book for you to read over that I bought at the one student place for collage kids."

"Thank you so much!"

"Don't mention it at all. I have done read and studied through it completely." I get up from the couch and walk to my room, grabbing the book.

"Sometimes it is hard to understand some of the insurance codes when I don't have a clue on what anatomy they are talking about." Rosie shakes her head while I nod.

"You will also need this and then use the internet to quiz yourself on the medical terminology." I pull out a second book from my shelf, handing them to her.

"Life saver." Rosie does the blowing air kiss she does in thanks.

Rosie bounces out of my room and I sigh laying back on the bed.

Sometimes breathing through the little queasiness helps or I call Sherry or Auntie. It seems to ease up quickly when I talk to them. So in a way, I think it is like a homesick type feeling that happens to come up in the evenings or nights when I am not overly busy and everything else on my mind.

"So what are we doing for dinner? You know since we are both home tonight." Rosie's head pops back into my room.

"Whatever your heart desires." I snicker since I was reading an older english book.

"You can get so cheesy. I love it."

I can't help but laugh and it helps taking my mind off of the little nausea since Rosie is like Sherry in many ways when it comes to their personality. Honestly, Sherry tends to be more flat out and sometimes Rosie is shy on things but that is all okay and still makes it nice being friends with Rosie. That was something that made me nervous when I first met her because who in the world wants to be forced to live with someone they can't get along with.

"I will call in some subs. I'm in the mood for a philly sub with extra peppers." Rosie sings.

"I'll take a BLT sub with no tomato and then jalapeños, pickles and mayo." I hum with it sounding so good.

Rosie makes a noise and I see her scrunch her nose up. "Maybe you should get a pregnancy test added to the rapid STD test we are having to get in a couple of hours."

Oh shit! I have been so busy I forgot the clinic ordered us to get the tests done to make sure we are clear before we start the in-part sessions. Even though we are still away from patients the clinic has a mandatory requirement.

"You have talked about being active so it wouldn't hurt."

"I used condoms though." I sass. Then it hits me the one and only time I never used a condom but no one really knows that detail at all since it is completely private.

"Just like we learned that condoms are only eighty something percent effective and that is only if the guy knows how to put it on right and of course doesn't break." Rosie rolls her eyes. She is shy on the topic and sassy but by no means a virgin either.

Rosie shrugs her shoulders and orders in the subs. I inhale mine along with Rosie doing the same as we just enjoy talking and waiting until we have to leave for the clinic since we both have to go at the same time we are carpooling in her car.

Time passes quickly and before Rosie and I know it we are in the after hours side of the clinic getting our tests ran. One of the nurses do a mouth swab and draw some blood. We are both told to just hang around because most of the results will be back in less than two hours and then the rest of the blood will be sent out for in depth testing to make sure these fast results are not wrong.