22. Home

Last night is one of the best night sleeps I have had in a short while, and desperately needed

Last night is one of the best night sleeps I have had in a short while, and desperately needed. With a stretch of my arms, I get up from my bed and take a morning shower.

After dressing and putting on some house shoes, I walk down to Seth's door to check on him but hear his light snores through the door. There is much excitement for him and I can't wait for him to be able to shift into Fido in the woods out back. A new place for him to explore and play within back where my home has always been and now his as well. These are woods he is not familiar with when we got to come on vacation since he has shifted there never was time for him to really play and explore.

With a pep in my step, I make way downstairs to get some tea. It is a great way to finish getting ready for what the day has to bring or really just at anytime of day drink with all the different types there are.

"Good morning Fayla!"

I come to a halt when Auntie calls out.

"Good morning." I smile. "How did you know it was me?"

Auntie laughs. "It is the same way you always came down the steps when happy first thing in the mornings. You, kiddo, will hum and the foot sounds are little tippie taps."

"I never would have thought or realized that." I snicker.

"You wouldn't but I would hear it while already working." Auntie smiles.

I look over the table to see another feast spread out, at least it's the dining table and not coffee table. Although, we may need new chairs in this dining room since they have always been uncomfortable for any length of time.

"You been busy." I gape at the food still.

"I couldn't sleep for the excitement of you being back home and my great nephew here all the time now." Auntie gives me a one arm hug around my shoulders, while putting a plate of bacon down.

There are pancakes, sausage patties, bacon, fried potatoes, and even cooked cinnamon apples on the table. I walk to the fridge to pull the orange juice out, only to see it is in a jar and fresh squeezed instead of the store bought kind.

"This is way to much." I shake my head with a smile.

"Nonsense." Auntie smiles.

"I will go wake Seth up." I smile and wake back up the stairs to let him know that breakfast is ready.

It doesn't take long as soon as I opened his door after knocking, he is sitting up and says he can smell the food. So I went back downstairs and got to making up some tea. Seth makes it down in record time but then again it is for food.

There is light conversation while eating. Seth and I insisted on cleaning everything up, so that Auntie could get to her office on her side and work. Tomorrow I will start back working so today is just my time.