43. Groups

"Are you okay Ma?" Seth speaks up and I look over to him

"Yeah, sweetheart."

"You normally aren't this quiet during dinner." His eyes roam over me quickly then dart to Lance.

Lance holds his hands up with his fork in one hand. "Promise I done nothing."

I shake my head and get back to eating. "No he didn't and the date was just what we needed. My mind is currently on things we can do to help the teens in the pack and stop or limit the rift between them. It is the next generation that will have to work together and I don't like there being that barrier between them."

Lance shrugs. "It is actually fairly normal. I remember it when I was a teen in the pack and the different barriers and groups."

"Okay but it shouldn't be a thing what about if they continue to hold onto such a thought into adulthood. Can you say without a doubt there is not barrier still between pack members when your not around?"

Lance tilts his head and I can tell he thinks on it. "I can't say for sure."

"Neither can I in many ways, but like when we had the ceremony where Seth and I came into the pack there was a slight barrier maybe. Well, you at least could tell the groups on how people was split up. Even if they may not right out hate each other there is still barriers."

Lance seems to catch on to what I have seen but didn't think it was a big deal but now knowing teens are acting up I want to try and help fix the issue. Everyone should learn to work together and get along even when there are differences.

Seth and Lance take up working on the dishes and keep telling me they have it under control. "I am going for a walk, be back soon."

Lance turns to look at me. "Do you need a warrior?"

"I can go." Seth looks back.

"No really it is okay. I am just going over to Sherry's for a few minutes." I smile and then give Lance a quick kiss.

Before either can respond, I walk out the kitchen door and round the house towards the Gamma house. As I pass the Beta house, I catch Valin out of the corner of my eye as he sits at a table outside with paperwork. Finally after a few steps around and waving at some members as they walk on the pathways not far from the houses, the Gamma house comes into view.

I walk up to the front door and knock. After a few seconds and being able to hear some rushed footsteps by the window being cracked open a little, the door opens and Sherry has wild hair.

I smirk as she huffs and rolls her eyes. "Dessert time?"

"Something like that." She grins wide.

"Well I will talk to later then, sorry." I wave and go to turn around.

"Nonsense, done had one round so all good. What's up?" Sherry moves out the door then closes it behind her after she looked back inside and somewhere told Levo to dress back.