24. Pieces Fit

I watch as Fayla's small form carries a wolf pup almost her size

My mind reels over what just happened. I have never seen a pup that size, he was smaller than average. So, it has me wondering what his age may be. It was a guess if he was my son or not but it would a hard to say he is. A were child doesn't shift until teen age of around sixteen to eighteen, unless there was a reason to warrant our wolf spirit to force shift early.

Then again why had I not put the scent together when I seen her back in the city. It all makes sense as to why she was in the woods there but I didn't notice the scent so much of the young wolf. When thinking back it was there but there was also to many other scents clouding it from the natural city type smells surrounding the area.

With a shake of my head, I turn and shift back to make my way to the main part of the pack lands where the pack house is located off the odd paths most townsfolk have no clue about. The only shocking event is the fact my wolf, Rufus, has been so calm through this all. That is the only reason I asked if the pup was my kid because it would be a reason for one's wolf to be so calm when another attacks.

Events come back to the front of my mind and I know I made mistakes that night. Thing is people never see my side to things either.

I just don't want a mate. Hell I don't ever really want anything more than my own hand or some things for males when it comes to toys. Fayla was the last female I actually touched and had around me.

Trust me, I know I am fucked up since every single wolf always longs for their mate. There are just my reasons as to why I don't and made my decision as a young child when I witnessed the worst thing a mate can do to the other mate, that lead me to be raised by the former Alpha and Luna of the pack.

Now though, I am the Beta of Moon Rivers. My best friend Lance is the Alpha and closest person to family that I have, along with Levo and Sherry. Which is another reason I am shocked Sherry never told me.

At the woods by the packhouse, I shift back and throw on some clothes left in trunks around the area. I walk to the house off to the side and with where the sun is at in the sky, I know Sherry should be home currently. All high rank wolves have a house of our own by the packhouse, as where other members not living in the packhouse are scattered around the territory and within the townlimits.

Before I can make it up her steps to knock on her door, Sherry comes out.

"Sherry."

"Valin. Something up? I am not cooking tonight going out."

"Where?" I don't mean to be clipped with her but I also have to know answers.

"Fayla's, she moved back and we planned to have dinner together." Sherry answers.

"Did you know?" I finally ask.

Watching Sherry's face turn to one of confusion she tilts her head. Levo and Lance both show up at the same time behind me.