42. In Thought

Lance laughs and leads me to the blanket

Lance laughs and leads me to the blanket. "No, the pack never comes out here this tends to be the Alpha and Luna's personal section of the creek. If you were a wolf you could smell that no other wolf but me comes here I tend to the ground right by the creek and make sure the trees are growing well. Just been this way since the beginning of the pack, a part of nature for the leaders of the pack."

"That is why Seth didn't come further out?" I muse.

"He could have since he is our son, but he knew of the picinic date and wanted to give us space."

I nod and sit on the blanket, seeing a small pouch with cleaning things. I pull out the hand wipes to clean from what we just done then put in a mini plastic bag and washed my hands with the santizer there. "A bit of hopeful thinking." I smirk.

"Well can't blame me and I was hoping to make it up to you with not being around much."

"You have still been there every night to hold me close and you do eat dinner before having to take off again, along with the short family time at night." I smile gently then kiss his lips.

"Now kind sir, what food do you have for me?"

Lance chuckles but opens the basket once he finishes rubbing his hands too. Sure I prefer soap and hot water but this is better than nothing.

I watch with amusement as he pulls out some sandwiches and fresh fruit. My eyes get real excited for the cup cakes I see in a small bowl. Okay, so I got a sweet tooth and much prefer to have dessert first at times.

Lance laughs when I slide the bowl of cupcakes between us as he pulls out a bottle of white wine and two glasses.

It is hard but I patiently wait to open the container until Lance is done pouring our drinks and hands me a glass. He puts his to the side and opens the container before I do. As I take a drink of the wine, he hands a cupcake out to me and my free hand takes it with a smile on my lips.

Lance leans back and sips on his wine slowly while I bite into the cupcake. My eyes rolls back with how the flavors burst on my tongue, a vanilla cupcake with smallest hints of cherry peek through. "This has to be the best cupcake ever." I sigh and take another bite.

"Thanks." Lance nods once and smirks when I look back at him,

"You made this?"

Lance nods.

"When and how?"

He laughs and takes another sip of wine. "I just put things to the side this morning and decided I wanted a day with my mate, so to help make it a surprise I waited until I seen you leave the house then I got to cooking. Mom was strict on that when I was growing up, she made sure I knew how to cook."

"Well, I'll hand it to you because this is amazing. You don't eat sweets though or I never seen you eat much of them."

"Oh I can at times but I prefer main foods mostly. Wines are sweet enough for me when it comes to food or drinks and something with the sugar in desserts can make it to where I won't sleep well." Lance chuckles.