38. Explaining

No sooner than we reach the pack house Seth trots over to Fayla

No sooner than we reach the pack house Seth trots over to Fayla. I let her hand go as she embraces her son, the motherly love that radiates off her is exactly how it feels from my Mom. Even if they embrass us at times, nothing compares to the love a mother gives and it hurts everytime I see a pup not receive such love they deserve.

Seth and Fayla get to talking about his night and he whispers about how Vi and Sherry about smothered him, which caused me to chuckles lightly. I could definitely imagine that between those two ladies they will make sure someone is taking care of.

I spot Valin and Levo walking towards us with smirks on their faces.

"Don't let them hear ya tattling on them." Levi smirks.

"Well I can't help it but after watching the romance movie and they fell asleep, I had to quietly make a fast exit." Seth grimaces and I can't help but finally laugh.

"Oh laugh it up you can go next time." Valin huffs.

"Okay deal then I'll get to eat that fine cooking." I smirk and reel in the laughter.

"Oh, fuck no! Forget that, I'll take chicflicks any day of the week." Valin and Levo speak together.

"Perfect news." Sherry walks up smiling with Vi.

We all walk in together and get breakfast. During the time we sat at the table there were many pack memebers that came up to Fayla and I, we greeted each and everyone of them with smiles. The conversation never ends as it goes in many different directions, but it should seem the women are going to get the things moved into our house and they got Fayla excited about decorating. As where Seth kept grimacing and I spoke up letting him know he could join me today while I do the Alpha duties I have.

Plus, I am curious how he may handle things because he seems more mature for his age than others his age. It gives me no doubt he can be Beta but I am wondering if he has the part to make Alpha possibly because of the fact I don't have an heir to lead the pack and not sure if I will have one personally.

"I will see you at dinner." Fayla smiles and gets up on her tip toes kissing my lips lightly.

"See you Darling, call if you need me." I whisper against her lips after we break the kiss.

Fayla smiles and then looks to Seth. "Call me if you need me, okay?"

Seth nods with a shy smile. "I will be fine Ma. It is exlurating to see everything."

I catch Levo and even Valin smile at the young pup, but I mirror the smiles. There is nothing better than seeing the next generation of pups growing up and even though he has missed a large part of our culture due to things that will now be changed.

I move over to stand by him and pat his back. "Don't worry about him, Darling. He just may be wore out but I will promise to not let him get hurt to badly."

"I get to train?" Seth looks up to me.

I shrug. "Why not? You're shifted and might as well get started on strengthening if it is what you're wanting. I want to see how you work with your wolf spirit and how you guys can hold your own." I smirk as Seth bounces in anticipation.

"You promise not to let him get hurt?" Fayla glares at me.

One thing many don't think about is how much a mother is protective over her pups and even Fayla has never shifted, she really has the mom wolf part down. It is enough of a glare I know if I let him get hurt, I will probably be in the doghouse fast.

Mate will love me more. I just throw you to the wolves and tell mate it is your fault. I sleep with mate tonight. Ixchel snickers.

Not even. Everything will be fine and I won't let our new adopted pup get hurt. I mentally nod to myself.

Fayla, Sherry, and Vi leave out together all smiles and seemingly excited for the day.

For the next hour, we walk about the pack grounds and Seth hangs onto every word as Valin and myself go through explaining how different things are ran. Valin explains to Seth everything that he does within in the pack and then I go over what an Alpha does. Then together we explain Levo's part since he had to head off for training, which we will be joining shortly.

"So how is all of this decided when it comes to approving new pack members?" Seth asks seriously while watching the warriors train.

"Valin goes through them first if it comes through a paper request." I answer honestly.

"So when we get in the paper request, I will get all the back ground type information I can on the wolf in question. Things as previous pack, status of where the wolf held in the pack, reason for transfer if there is one. Now if it is a rogue I will obtain the same information but along with the reason of being rogue. Most of the time it is also in a large database for wolves so I just pull all the information making up a folder and then hand it over to Lance." Valin walks through the steps.

"After my Beta has gave me the folder, I go through the information in detail and will speak with the wolf in question which is where I get a feel for the wolf."

"So it is like a guess game if it will be a good decision or not." Seth asks curoiusly.

"Yes and no, but as an Alpha we can get a specific feel for most wolves that is what helps us to lead the pack. Just like a Luna in the pack is more connected to the wolves on a more emotional level, an Alpha has this part built into us in a way to where we just may kind of know if the wolf is a good fit for the pack or not. That is not to say a potential member or even current member can can a turn unexpected and cause issues." I nod.

"Sounds all very sketchy and a lot on the shoulders." Seth nods.

"That is why there are all the high rank members to help." Valin and I speak together.

"Also I can get you the books with were history and some on how the ranks work." Levo pants lightly from sparring with the next best fellow warrior under himself a few minutes ago.

"Sounds great." Seth nods happily.

I smirk and Levo stands tall with a grimace. "Ready to spare some more?" I chuckle.

It be best to see how Seth and his wolf can handle sparring with Levo since he is young and not under adrenaline like he was with Valin. If he can hold his own with Levo then I would like to see how he does with Valin too just to where all three of us high rank wolves can see how he is already on his own without the training he should have gotten but will start.

I would have him spar with another warrior but I figure this is the best way to make sure Seth doesn't get hurt like I promised Fayla, since Levo, Valin and myself are highly trained to control our wolves and not get lost in the blood lust like most warriors still have issues with and cause us to intervene while training.

"Let's go little dude." Levo shakes his head some and smirks as Seth gets back to bouncing seemingly ready for this.