46. On Your Mind

Lance and I got to cooking breakfast which was fun to do together since it is normally dinner we cooked together

Lance and I got to cooking breakfast which was fun to do together since it is normally dinner we cooked together. Seth walks in the back door and I smile wide at him.

"Have fun on your run?"

Seth nods. "It was. Did you get everything hid?"

I open my mouth and fake gasp. "What ever are you talking about?"

Seth chuckles at my dramatics. "I can smell something good but I promise not to hunt down where it is coming from until you are ready for me too Ma."

"Well that will be after dinner with everyone this evening. What do you want to do today since it is your day?"

Seth looks at me confused. "I thought it would just be a normal day." He shrugs.

"Nope, I have made sure all my responsibilities were done to where I can have the day with you." I smile at Seth.

Lance grimaces. "I, however, do have paperwork to tend to for a couple of hours and Valin will be joining me. You,  though, have fun with your Ma." Seth smiles with a nod before Lance tells him to clean up we were almost done. 

Seth runs up to wash up and then comes back down. I watch as he sets the table and smile while Lance and I place the food down. We ask Seth how it is going and then I snoop to see of there are any talks about not liking the program that has been set up but Seth said everyone keeps saying how they are enjoying things.

At first there was a little reculantance with some of the teens when it came to baby sitting at the daycare for work but it has taught them a softer side which is what they needed from things I had seen. Also a plus is the bullying or fighting has became less and less over the last several weeks. Clinks are not much of a thing as everyone is getting along even the older adults. Makes me laugh silently because that goes to prove you can teach an old dog new tricks, but I keep those little thoughts to myself.

Lance helps to clean up and then leaves for the pack house to his office. Seth and I move to the living room space and take a seat on the couch.

"What do you want to do?" I smile to Seth.

"Why don't we turn on one of those old shows we used to watch? It has been a long time since we have done that together."

I nod. "I can get behind that. Where do you want to start?"

Seth hums and gets the remote moving over to the streaming app. He brings up an older crime show and then flips over to the second season. "This one and here because this is where the new actor came in and it got good."

I laugh and agree with him. We watch the show and I move to curl up in a blanket since we keep the house colder for Seth and Lance with how they run hotter temps. It has been so long since Seth and I just took time to do this together and I can't help but smile as I think about making more time like this during the days here and there. Life has just gotten crazy and I know it will get even crazier in the near future.

"Are we going on a run tonight once everything is done in the house?" Seth speaks up getting me out of the thoughts.

"If you want to." I smile. "I know Auntie will be excited for that but we are leaving it up to you."

"I want to for sure. This time of year it feels so good and things are pretty with the seasons changing."

"Fall is a good season. Spring is too because the new growth comes out." I smile and sigh some.

Seth hums and then gets up. I watch him go into the kitchen and just moved to pause the show even though we have seen it before. When he comes back, he carries us both a can of soda.

"Thank you sweetheart." I smile and take the can.

I start the show back and we fall into silence once more. Laughing occassionally or even talking to the screen as if they could ever hear us but it is the fun of it all.

About half way through the episode, Seth leans over and presses the remote that I put on the part of the couch that folds down into a table if no one needs the cushion to sit there.

"Everything okay?" I watch him but his face is blank.

The one thing I have hated him learning to do but will be needed as Beta or even Alpha. Seth seems to be leading more towards Beta in the time we have been here and he has been learning. Once he mentioned if Lance and I never have kids then he would step up but wouldn't make the decision to start that training until he was closer to adult age which the men loved Seth having such a level head and well ten years old.

Damn! I feel old my baby is now eleven. It should be illegal how fast time can literally fly by in a blink of an eye. This mama may need a private moment to gather in the emotions because it is hitting so freaking hard. The pride though to see him growing up and be who he is today makes everything all the better.

"Yeah everything is good? I think." Seth looks confused letting his blank face go.

"Confused on what?" I watch him fidget on the other side of the couch and look anywhere but at me. "What is on your mind so hard?"

"Well I hope it is good news. I hadn't been spoke with yet." Seth trails off once again and I wonder where he is going with this.

"Sweetheart?" I say his nickname gently which has him finally looking at me. "What's the matter? You know you can talk to me about anything."

"I know but I also don't want to pry." Seth sighs.

"You're not going to, just tell me what is on your mind so hard." I gently coax him.

"How far along are you exact with the pup?" Seth looks at me fully serious.

Shit! The cat is out of the bag and I thought I been careful.