51. Running On Low

This keeps getting better and better

This keeps getting better and better. NOT! More like it is just an even larger mystery.

"How the hell did he not make it to the prisons?" I try not to yell but a harsh growl comes out with each word.

Seth has already thrown on the clothes and holding Fayla close to him as she started trembling again. Just when there was a happy moment going. Yes, pansy of me to pass out but when I woke up excitement filled me as I realize I have to let the negative go and man up just thinking positive with hope everything will go well.

"I want this pack searched." I growl out.

"On it, Alpha." Levo bows his head and his eyes glazing over as he goes back to linking undoubtly more warriors.

"Valin. Get those warriors to a room so I can speak to them."

"Alpha, they are in the hosptial currently with us getting treatment. It should seem they were attacked with the wounds and wolfsbane smell coming from them and it can be seen it was not self inflicted from the report we have recieved from the doctor." Valin bows his head.

I rub a hand down my face.

Either there were more rogues on the lands than thought or there are some members that are not loyal. The hair on the back of my neck raise as Ixchel's hackles are raised in our mind. It is the one thing no Alpha ever wants to have to think is possible. All of it makes my stomach twist and anger swell at the mere thought.

"I will be out helping search the pack." Levo gets out and runs back out the door.

Vi and Sherry walk in a moment later. I look over to Fayla right by me still in arms distance.

"Could you both stay with Fayla and Seth?" I look to Vi and Sherry again.

"I will take them to the Gamma house." Sherry nods.

"Thank you." I nod to her and then turn to face Fayla better, Seth moving to let his mom go.

My arms pull Fayla in to me tight as she grabs my shirt in her fists. "You stay with the ladies and Seth. They will watch you Darling. I have to go out and help the search as well as check on the warriors see if one of them are awake to get the report on what happened."

She kisses me quickly and then nods.

I want nothing more than to promise I will find this rogue but I also don't want to give false hope when there is currently nothing. Just a bunch of mystery and questions that need answers. All things best not to stress her out with and hurt her by giving false hope.

"You try to rest tonight the wolfsbane will still have an affect on you since it was the first time you have experienced it. Drink lots of water and if you feel lightheaded tell one of the ladies for them to bring you here for another IV fluid bag, don't try to be overly strong pup." I look to Seth and he gives a firm nod.