32. Mingle

We all eat a delicious meal that had a bit of all the trimmings one could ever dream of

We all eat a delicious meal that had a bit of all the trimmings one could ever dream of. Originally, I thought I could faint at the sight of all the food, but now looking over the table I totally understand the phrase hungry wolves. They completely demolished the food there may be some crumbs left over but at least everyone is full from the talks scattered around as Lance and I walk about.

In this short span and in between eating, I think I have met every single member of the pack. It didn't feel as overwhelming as I had thought it would be, but instead I truly enjoyed speaking with everyone. As for remembering names, seems totally natural too which is shocking.

Seth though has been literally pulled away by many of the kids around his own age and older. They were very talkative and interested in my son. It makes me so happy that he is fitting in as it has always been what I wanted for him.

"So when will you and Seth be moving into the Alpha's house?" An older lady walks up and smiles. She is one I had yet to speak with.

"When she is good and ready Mom." Lance smiles to the older woman.

"It is lovely to meet you dear. I have no doubt you will be the perfect Luna we have been missing for quite some time since a terrible time hit our pack." The older lady gives a sad smile.

I can feel Lance stiffen slightly before he pulls me tight to him.

"I can hope I will be as good of a Luna as you and Lance's first mate was." I smile to her.

"I am sure you will. Please call me Lucy." She smiles and her vibe sends a motherly vibe over me in a way.

She waves and walks off into the crowd.

"Well my Mom is right and I would like you to know that whenever you and Seth are ready we will get you moved in our home. Also come in and decorate it however you may wish." Lance moves to stand in front of me.

I can feel as I scrunch my eyebrows. "But it is your home first and you have a say in how it is decorated."

"Eh. It is pretty bare since my first mate passed. As for decorating I really don't have a taste of fashion so I am of no help period, so you my darling mate makes all the choices with decoration." Lance smiles and pecks my lips. "My only request is that we are living together soon and it isn't to long before you decide to move in, please. It is not something I want really being away from you."

I smile up at him and wrap my arms around his waist. "Shouldn't we get to know each other better before moving in? I mean what if you decide I may not be the perfect mate before we make this bond finalized or even after not caring of the pain it could cause and reject me?"

I can't help but express my concerns since it has popped in my mind a couple times since this morning.

"Lance is not me Fayla." Valin strides to us where we have moved to the side and away from the pack members. "I should have handled things differently and I am so sorry for causing such distress or pain. Lance is a wonderful mate and I know he will cherish you."

"I won't reject you Fayla." Lance smiles and rubs my back in a way no man ever has.

"Fayla, my parents were mates and my mother was a human such as yourself. My father when I was very young seemed to be fine but just a bit younger than Seth's age now, he snapped and killed my mother and his own mate. He had tried to go after me but thankfully several pack members were there to save me since I was to young to shift at the time. That is why Lance's parents had raised me and took me in to where I could still work and become the Beta that would be my birth right. All of this is why I at such a young age was scared to have a mate and decided years before I ever shifted I didn't want one. There is no part of me that could do what my father had done but at the same time I feared the past would repeat itself." Valin sighs.

I move and punch his arm. "You are partly an idiot you know." I roll my eyes.

A laugh comes from behind us. "Couldn't have said it better myself dear." A older man walks out. He looks just like Lance but older.

"Valin, your father was never completely stable and had signs of needing help long before. I actually striped him of Beta duties a couple months before and had him through a program to help unstable wolves but your to young to remember. I had tried to speak with you about it before but I don't think it ever clicked in that brain of yours. You have more of your mother in you than your father which is why you came up with the whole mate decision years prior because you didn't ever want to hurt someone you love." The older Alpha states then lightly smiles.

"I did still hurt you and I am sorry. It is still hard and not something I really want to be with anyone romantically." Valin sighs. "I would like us to at least be friends, but I won't push my luck."

"I think we should be friends for the sake of Seth and I can see your reasoning to a point but then again I don't. Everyone has their own opinions though and since you can man up and actually seem to be sorry and apologize then yes I can see us being friends." I smile.

"I should thank you at the least too Valin." Lance smiles then hugs me tighter to him once more.

"Nah, no thanks needed. The pack did need another Luna and just seeing you work through the members everything seems to be even better." Valin smirks.

"Smartass. Yeah Darling get used to Valin and his remarks." Lance chuckles.

"He has to beat me first because I can be smart mouthed when I want." I giggle.

We all laugh and Lance's dad leaves to miggle more.

"I am seriously happy for the both of you." Valin smiles and walks off.

Lance leans down and kisses me tenderly.

"Well my Darling Luna are you ready for the first time having a ride and seeing our pack lands in the moonlight?" Lance whispers after pulling back from the kiss.

"I would love to go for a ride and see things." I smirk. My mind definitely is thinking the fun bedroom type of ride.

Lance smirks and it makes my body hum in response seeing his eyes a bit darker than his normal shade.

"Just a little while longer and I will grant that wish should you still want it after the pack run." Lance whispers.

"I'll hold you to that." I smile wide while not having a care in the world I am being bold. I know what I am really wanting and just going for it because at this point I don't see why not. Nothing in my life seems to be simple and obvious so I am going with the flow and doing what I want for now on to see what all mysterious beginnings may really come my way.