50. Hormones

My eyes widen as another scream comes out of my mouth as Lance drops to the floor and I can't do anything about it

Levo and Valin rush in.

"What happened?" Levo holds me as I go to bend down to Lance but Valin is over him as the doctor rushes in a couple beats later.

"I just told him I was pregnant and then he went down." I sob.

The doctor sighs and stands. "The Alpha only fainted. He will be fine in time."

I huff and wipe my face.

Jerk!

This jerk of a mate I have. Sure I was worried he wouldn't take the news well but to faint on me! Okay sure, not the best of times nor the way I wanted to tell him but I had to tell him after the attack but to faint I thought it was the head wound or wolfsbane that just caught him in the wrong moment.

A nurse has a bed brought to the door and behind the Doctor. Valin and Levo get Lance on the bed.

"We can put his bed in here if you like Luna." The doctor looks at me like he is even nervous to suggest.

"I would appreciate it if you just place him in his own room. Thank you." I huff and focus back on my son.

Guess hormones do start early but I had enough scares for the night and his little fainting spell I really can't handle right now. I thought he may be at least a little happy but I can only hope he is just overwhlemed. That is a later thing to talk to him about.

"Uh." Valin catches my attention. "I will stay with the Alpha until he wakes."

"Thank you." I nod and then I hear as Valin leaves.

Levo still stands in his spot that I can see through the side of my eye. He moves back right before the door opens, showing Auntie and Sherry are here. They rush in and look over Seth before I tell them what happens and they calm with the news the doctor gave us. Once they know how his condition is they wrap my in a group hug. Auntie asks about Lance and Levo told her what happened here which I am thankful for.

Auntie and Sherry gush over the fact there is another baby on the way. Then quieten as they hold me tight and watch Fido's form with me.

Not much time passes by and Fido starts to stir. His body tenses and he stands on all fours instantly.

"Fido. It is okay sweetheart." I gently speak.

Levo stands by with Auntie and Sherry. They watch to make sure that they don't need to restain him.

I watch as his eyes sweep the room and then Seth joins him at the front. Levo holds the sheet up ans I turn my back along with Auntie and Sherry as I hear his bones snap. Levo tells Seth what happened with the attack and a loud growl echos in the room around us. Valin runs back in and has clothes in his hands.

"These were on the chair right out the door but I grabbed them when I heard the growl." Valin explains then looks at me. "Alpha is awake but I had talked him into staying out to give you some time."

Levo, Auntie and Sherry leave the room as I tell Seth what happened with Lance since he thought he was hurt. Seth starts to shake his head.

A knock on the door stops Seth from speaks his thoughts. Lance steps through with a sheepish look.

"How are you feeling Seth?"

"Other than some anger I am fine." Seth huffs.

Lance nods. "Fayla, may I talk to you."

"What is there to talk about Lance?" I shrug. "I know you have insecurities with it all just didn't think that would be your reaction."

Lance rubs his neck. "It is not manly of me. I am so very sorry I didn't handle it well at first but I am happy. Ixchel is over the moon."

"Really?" I can't help but have doubt in his feelings when the bond seems like it's going through so many emotions.

Lance walks over slowly. "I promise I am happy. No I won't lie just this morning I had doubts and fears but for some reason once waking up now after the pass out I am very happy. I know that I can't keep thinking of the past or trying to compare it when it comes to the topic of this. It made me realize I have to cherish everything you have to offer me and I have to man up like Ixchel has told me."

I can't help but laugh a little.

Seth lets out a breath and it seems his anger was partly at Lance.

"I promsie Darling that I will cherish and take care of you."

"It is okay to be nervous to though. I won't lie, I am nervous but excited because this is all new to me too since this baby will have its' father around from the beginning."

"So it is fine to be nervous?" Lance looks into my eyes curiously.

"I am nervous." Seth mumbles.

"Yes it is fine to be nervous. I am too. It is just normal but not to the point of fainting." I smile.

Lance kisses my tenderly and pulls back to rest his forehead on mine.

"See why couldn't we talk about it instead of passing out. There is more than enough going on that really not the time for it." I can't help but let a small laugh out now.

Talk about a twist in hormones.

Lance chuckles. "Call it shock because that was the last thing I was expecting to hear."

"Yeah apparently, the birth control needed a full week to be active with where I started it out of my monthly cycle."

"But at least we know for future use and now just have a pup on the way." Lance gets a goofy grin on his face.

It makes me smile and lets all the nerves about how he may react go away. I know he has insecurities but then again who doesn't. It is normal.  Every feeling should be validated and not ignored. I never sensed he was lying through the bond and just a weird thing us mates have we just know when one lies and when one tells the truth.

"What is going to happen to the abuser?" Seth speaks up.

Lance goes back to serious mode. "I plan to torture him and see how he done all this and why. After that his punishment will happen."

"Alpha." Valin and Levo step up to the door.

Lance looks over to them.

"The rogue never made it to the cells." Valin speaks up with a angry look on his face as Levo has as well.