9. Calm Him Down

Nine years later

Nine years later......

It has been nine long, blissful years. A hard journey but I would not change it for the entire world. You may hear that someone can't be a single mom but I assure you it can be done. No one said it is easy but it is the best feeling in the world and so very rewarding.

My little boy was born right at the forty week mark. I kept wondering what mysterious beginnings would lay for my future as he was being born and it is definitely mysterious to say the least. No two days were ever the same since my sweet Seth has been born.

Auntie was there for me and held my hand the entire time. It helps with her job being at home type based too and so she traveled and stayed in the city a lot while I was pregnant and the first few months Seth was born. She would help to watch him while I finished up my apprenticeship.

Which glad to say I finished it with succession and have held a job with the huge medical company as a billing and coding agent of the company base. It brings in good money and I get to work from home which really has helped with raising Seth on my own.

Rosie and I are still great friends after all these years. We just don't get together often.

Sherry is a aunt to Seth while she spoils him to death.

Sherry and I have visited each other over the years and never fail to talk a minimum of once a week. She has not had any kids of her own with Levo, yet, but they are still together and going strong. They got married here in the city on one trip they made during the Christmas holiday right after Seth was born.

No one has ever asked who the father is and I have never just offered the information. Everyone in my life has only ever been supportive. It has been more than I can ask for. Between them coming to visit us and then during my vacation days and Seth on summer vacation from school we go to my home town to visit.

Seth is such a sweet and smart young boy. I was always waiting for him to ask me who his father is and I wouldn't lie and at least tell him the name of his father since that is all I really knew.

One day at school though I got called to the principles office due to how a few kids in the classroom treated Seth when it came time for them to do a family tree project. The kids had bullied Seth on how Sherry shouldn't be added because not blood and how he didn't have a father. My son's response had me beaming with pride when he said 'I'm okay not knowing who my dad is when Mom is there having filled the space and will protect me like I protect her.'

My sweet boy though only has one friend. He just keeps talking about a Fido. Although there has been times I think it is an imaginary friend, since he never has asked to spend the night with another child or have a friend over.

I have tried to actually date since having Seth when I have free time. One guy was someone I ended a relationship with since after three dates he started hate talking against kids then when I told him I was a single mother he wanted to change his tune so he can go sit on his ass for all I cared, I wasn't going to keep dating him.