16. Heart Drops

For once in my entire life of knowing Sherry she was completely early arriving to the apartment

For once in my entire life of knowing Sherry she was completely early arriving to the apartment. I grumbled a little when I unlocked the door and shocked to see her standing there looking bright and bubbly before I even had my first cup of tea or coffee.

Sherry and I sat at the kitchen table sipping on some hot tea after I went in and got ready for the day. Sherry's energy was infectionous and really helped to get my grumbles to stop and become excitement because it really has been a good four years or so since we had a shopping spree together.

We whisper about all the things we may look at today from books to clothing items. I even think I may get some cookbooks while at the major bookstore we will go by just to where Seth and I can try different things too.

"Good morning." Sherry smiles and sits up straighter.

I turn my head to see Seth in his pajama pants walking out of the hallway.

"Good morning." Seth's eyes widen slightly in surprise. "You're here early Aunt Sherry."

"Can't contain the excitement." Sherry smiles.

"Good morning, sweetheart. There are bagels if your hungry and I have some bacon to go with it." I wink at him when he smiles brightly.

"Thanks Mama." Seth walks to the kitchen and grabs the food before disappearing into his bedroom again probably to eat up and then get ready for the day.

In less than twenty minutes Seth comes out and we all leave out of the apartment.

"Aw, boo." Sherry pouts.

"What is it Aunt Sherry?" Seth speaks up first.

"I was hoping to meet the neighbors dog." Sherry shrugs.

I almost choke on my own spit. "It is random when the sweet boy is let out." I stall.

We walk to my car and get in. I drive us to the first store which is the major bookstore.

Time escapes us as we have went through all the different stores I had told Sherry about we could go by. Needless to say I haven't spend money like this in a very long time but it is okay too with how I save so much. Seth and I both needed the clothes since there is a portion left behind from when we left Frank's.

"Is it lunch time yet?" Seth groans just as we get in the car from the last store.

"I second that." Sherry raises a hand.

"Where to then?" I look in the review mirror to Seth.

He shrugs his shoulders and Sherry answers with a fast food restaurant. Seth and I are all for a burger at the moment so I head in that direction to our favorite go to place. Honestly, their burgers taste like ones off an actual grill and the handmade milkshakes are to die for.

In no time we are all full and heading back to the apartment.

"I will see you guys this evening around the same time as yesterday?" Sherry questions.

"Sure sounds good. I am going to read some and just clean the apartment til then. I hope Levo can make it." I smile as we all get out of my car, as I help Sherry get her bags into her car. Seth grabs our bags and is by the apartment door, ready to go in.

I wave to Sherry as she leaves the parking lot and get the door unlocked. Seth and I walk in together, as he puts the bags down from this morning I turn to see him bouncing in his spot.

There are times he really is like an excited pup. I can't help but laugh interally.

"Let me go to the bathroom and we will go out to the woods." I smile.

"Deal!" Seth exclaims with a wide smile.

I change out shoes once I finish up in the bathroom and grab the apartment keys once more.

As we walk to the woods behind the building, Seth seems to be thinking hard on something even while looking happy.

"What is on your mind?"

Seth looks to me. "There are just some new smells I don't understand is all."

"Like what?"

"Well, Aunt Sherry smells different from Great Auntie Vi. It isn't a bad smell since Fido says it is a friendly scent unlike sometimes when we been out doing something and I immediately know someone isn't so good, just like how Frank smelt after I shifted."

I nod listening to him. It does make sense but also enforces my thoughts on werewolf not being very different from actual dogs really in their abilities. Not that I would ever tell my son that.

"There is just something off that has had Fido tight too. Like he said it is like we should understand but we don't. All we know is that people smell different. Where as Frank smelt different than any man I have scented before I can't forget how he smelled when I shifted that night and no other man has smelled like him, so bad." Seth sighs.

"Well as long as it is all a good thing maybe there isn't anything to figure out." I suggest trying to help but know there is nothing I can do but listen to him.

Seth nods. "You're right Mama. It is just new being able to pinpoint people by their scents now."

"I can't even imagine sweetheart." I smile gently to him, before he goes behind a tree and I only see his hand every so often placing clothes on the branch.

The sounds of bone snapping last only a few seconds now before my boy trot over to me. Fido is in full control with the burning blue as he rubs against me. When he is satisfied, I can see that both are in control.

A small sound comes from the tree over where he shifted. I can see the clothes fell, so being I have my larger bag on a whim, I walk over to fold the clothes up and put them in the bag until it is time for him to shift back. The bag holds two water bottles one for me and one that is a bowl like container for the boys to drink since they refuse to shift back into his normal skin for a drink, a book and small blanket I can sit on and read.

"Okay, so you have a little over three hours to have fun." I smile to them.

They respond with a yip and then they are bounding off in a run of the forest. You can tell where they have made paths from running close to the same pattern all the time but I have never seen anyone else out here. It is nature after all so it doesn't hurt if some spots don't have the normal grass area.

Almost two hours has passed as I read on a new book and they are running around still. Suddenly, they run up to me and stop with their fur bristled for the first time since the first time Seth shifted.

"What is it?" I whisper as I can see both Seth and Fido in control, but a low growl escapes from their muzzle.

I look around in the forest in the direction that their ears point too but I don't see anything. That is until the leaves move around and out steps a man based on the shadow figure.

My legs are pushed as I see Seth and Fido's rear backing up into me to make me move back.

"Fayla?" A deep voice calls out.

My heart drops as my mouth goes dry.