18. Bite My Tongue

"I wonder what books Uncle Levo has read

"I wonder what books Uncle Levo has read. I read the ones he told me about last time." Seth talks nonstop.

"Why don't you just see if you guys can talk whenever you both may want?" I offer.

"I don't have a phone of my own." Seth sighs loud and relaxes in the seat as I look in the rear view mirror.

"That may be true but Sherry and I talk and I know she won't mind if he has my number for you guys to text off my phone. Or there is also the chance of him getting that app you have to where you can talk to him when we are home with the wifi."

"Oh yeah I forget about that a lot even though it is Great Aunt Vi that set it up for me." Seth gets all bubbly again.

I smile and get to the same restaurant as last night. Parking the car, I laugh when Seth is at my door and holding it open.

"Thank you kind sir." I smile teasing at my son.

"I had the best teacher." Seth smiles at me and it warms my heart. "I much rather seeing you smile. You still smell sad though."

"That is still very weird." I shake my head and put the car keys into my purse.

Seth shrugs. "There isn't a turn off button. He makes you sadder than I have ever noticed though not even when I first shifted did you smell so sad from Frank."

"I wasn't really sad just range of emotions swirling back then." I sigh. "Come on let's go see Sherry and Levo. I can almost bet your starving since you didn't have the normal snack after running around." I smile when he nods.

We walk into the building and Seth pulls my arm while we wait for the lady to take us to the table. Sherry had texted they were already here and waiting on us.

"What's wrong?" I look to Seth, as he glances around.

"There is a scent in the air." He stops and then looks to me. "It is the same smell he had so it means him, Valin, is here."

My heart drops. Great I really don't want to see him twice in a days time. "Maybe he was here but done left."

Seth looks around and then our attention is thrown off when the lady comes to take us to the table. My eyes dart around but I don't see Valin, which makes me breath in relief.

"There you guys are! Normally I am the late one." Sherry gets up and gives us a hug.

I smile and laugh a little. "I lost track of time once we got home from our shopping spree."

Seth and Levo immediately get to talking as Sherry and I do. Our order is placed and the food brought out in no time, we all went for a variety tonight. Both Levo and Seth went for the steak but Sherry and I got a seafood dish tonight.

"I will be back." Seth excuses himself, which I was waiting on with how much he drank. He tends to the rest of the day after shifting.

I nod to let him know I heard while I slip money in the book for Seth and I's meals. Sherry and Levo kept telling me not to worry but they had their attention else where while I put in the cash for ours then hand it to the waiter to take.

With a smirk. "Done." I smile wide when they realize the book is gone.

"You little."

"Little what? You know me Sherry it is hard to let someone pay for my meal." I gloat.

"You don't have to always be to stubborn." Sherry rolls her eyes.

"Says the woman that literally had a slap fight with me in the store one day when I tried to pay for my own dress."

"You weren't supposed to pay for your own dress that day. It was my treat for the photoshoot." Sherry sasses.

Levo and I both laugh.

"Good evening." The voice speaks up again.

"Valin." Levo smiles and gets up to give him those weird guy hugs.

"Would you like to sit? We have finished eating but we could keep you company." Sherry smiles.

I bite my tongue, as Valin takes a seat.

"You look stunning, Fayla." I can feel Valin's eyes taking me in.

I glance over and glare at him. "You look like you came from a cows backside." I give a smug fake smile and get up, as his eyes are wide and mouth gaped open in shock after our arms brushed.

"Is everything okay?" Sherry looks between Valin and I, while Levo's mouth drops open.

"N-." Valin starts but I interrupt.

"It was great seeing you guys again. I really miss us being able to get together more often. Sorry, but I just remembered I promise Auntie I would call her tonight." I get up from the table, giving Sherry a quick hug bye.

I move and rush to the front where the restrooms are and see Seth walking towards me already. With my finger motioning he turns right with me and we walk out of the restaurant.

"Everything okay? I didn't get to tell Uncle Levo and Aunt Sherry bye." Seth looks to me while I am all but jogging to our car.

"Peachy, sweetheart. I will make it up to you I promise but we have to go." My hands shake when I pull the keys out and Seth gets in the back.

I literally just made an ass out of myself in front of Sherry and Levo. They had no clue about Valin and I really and now they just might and may even figure out he is Seth's father.

It was when he sat next to me I smelt his cologne like none other I have ever smelled before. My eyes wanted to tear up as I drive down the road with his scent of cedar and ocean mixed still assaulting my nose. Not only that but his arm brushed mine and my God the tingles are still there as ever. For just a split second in my life I wanted to wrap myself in his embrace because he can make me feel like no one else has been able to since.

Once we got home and inside, I plop down on the couch with a sigh as the tears I been holding back fall.

"What happened?" Seth kneels in front of me and moves to see my face. His face turns from confused to sad to angry in a split second.

"Valin was there just like you had smelled."

Seth lets out a growl and hugs me. "I am so sorry Mama. I hate how just seeing him does this to you and I wish I could do something. I'd bite him if I could and Fido says the same."

I can't help but laugh lightly. "There is nothing for you to be sorry for sweetheart. Just happy at least one amazing thing came into my life after having him in it for short time."

"What's that?" Seth gives me a adorable puppy face again in confusion.

"You, sweetheart. He at least gave me you."

Seth blushes and I laugh again.