1. Transferring Schools

Midsummer in Lincheng was hot and stuffy, the sky was a clear blue, a hint of humidity among the white clouds.

After the rain last night, the temperature rose instead of dropping.

The cicadas chirped, on the school's black iron fence, the roses were in full bloom.

Xu You carried her white school bag, and laid on the second floor, looking at the basketball court far away through the gaps between the dense trees. On the plastic running track which was exposed to the sun, there were the silhouettes of a group of boys running.

After a while, Chen Li Zhi and a young female teacher finally walked out of the staff room. 

Xu You stood straight, and obediently called out, "Small aunt."

Chen Li Zhi nodded her head, held out her hand, and smiled while she told the female teacher beside her, "Then I'll leave our kid to you."

Xu Hui Ru pushed her glasses, lowered her head and glanced at the name on the list. She read out, "Xu You, how funny, we have the same surname."

Lin Shi Yi Zhong, Lincheng's top private school.

Because of the changes in her parents' workplace, Xu You followed them and arrived at this big city in the north. Dragging small aunt to pull some strings, she transferred to this school as a transfer student.

Yi Zhong was separated into the middle school department and high school department, most of the students here were locals, and few people lived in the dorms.

Along the way there, Father kept enjoining her to study well, and to not waste time.

Xu You's results had always been top notched ever since she was little. She was obedient and did not cause trouble, as her family was very strict.

Xu Hui Ru looked at how obedient Xu You was, feeling satisfied.

She couldn't help but think that there was finally a presentable transfer student who can change the direction the class was going.

After thinking, she then felt a little worried.

This child was quiet, and looked like she would be easily bullied.

Last semester, the school had arranged for her to be the form teacher for class 9 for half a year, and she had been constantly on edge.

That group of students in class, one was competitive and the other one was a pain in the neck.

They don't respect teachers, they didn't care about the honour of the class, and like to fight and stir up problems.

Places like Yi Zhong, a private noble school, was where young masters and misses like to gather. But there were especially a lot of them in class 9, the group of students especially evil.

In the corridor came two boys wearing basketball jerseys. When they saw Xu Hui Ru, they immediately stopped and bowed, the both of them shouting in unison, "Hello, Xu Lao Shi!"

Their huge voices scared Xu You.

Everyone of the male students in the north looked tall and big, their voices especially loud.

Xu Hui Ru nodded her head, as if to acknowledge, and casually asked, "Did you just finish PE class?"

"Heh heh." One of them with tanned skin, his face dripping with sweat, reached out his neck to take a look at Xu You who was standing quietly behind the form teacher. He giggled while saying, "Lao Shi, is this the new student in our class?"

Xu Hui Ru waved her hands, sending them off. "Stop being a busybody."

They left.

Xu Hui Ru instructed, "You should ignore these group of incompetent boys in the future and study well, got it."