5. Write It Yourself

Weekends always pass by the fastest, and most people played the hardest in these two days.

At six-thirty, Xu You hugged her books, and climbed up to the floor where the classroom was located.

When she entered the classroom, she almost suspected that she was going crazy.

Monday morning self study was attended by very few people, the seats at the back of the classroom were all unoccupied.

There were only a few people reading in the morning.

She sat down on her seat while holding bread, and casually surveyed her surroundings, only one thought in her mind —

During self study, everyone was casual and unrestrained.

She took out her english book from her desk, flipped to the page with the list of vocabularies, and started dictation.

As she wrote, she started to think.

The teachers in this class doesn't seem to be very strict.

She remembered her previous school, it was also a key high school in the city. Being late was a huge offence, and every student was required to be in class by 6.10, and they would have to stand for a period if they were late by one minute. Everyone in class seized every minute to study, no one talked in class, and no one fooled around after class. It was as different as night and day compared to her current class.

Thirty minutes passed in self study. The people in class started to gradually increase nearing first period.

The class started to get noisy.

There were some people rushing their homework, some people standing up to collect the homework, some people copying the homework, it was a little chaotic.

Across the aisle, a boy asked for Xu You's weekend math homework to compare answers.

Xu You didn't say anything, she just rummaged through her drawer and gave it to him.

She was still lowering her head tidying up her english notes, when she noticed someone stopping next to her.

Xu You froze, and looked up.

A tall boy was standing beside her.

He was wearing a clean white uniform, simple long black exercise pants, his hands holding a sheet of paper.

"Hello, student, I'm the class president of class nine."

"Ah, hello, do you need something?" She put down her pen.

Fu Xue Li who was playing on her phone beside her stopped what she was doing.

"It's like this." The class president placed the paper on her desk, and simply explained, "This is our class's duty list, you're lined up for cleaning on Wednesday."

Xu You picked it up to look, and nodded her head. "I got it, is it cleaning up the classroom?"

"Yeah, you're in the same group as Fu Xue Li."

After the class president finished explaining, he seemed to glance sideways beside her, then turned and walked back to his own seat.

Fu Xue Li looked at him walk away, retreated her gaze, and pretended to casually pick up her phone.

After a while, she couldn't help it, and started a conversation with Xu You. "Hey, let me tell you, our class president has the same surname as you."

Xu You replied with a "ah", and looked sideways at her. "His surname is also Xu?"