32. I'll Bring You There

"What's so interesting to see, let me see it too!" Zheng Xiao Lin leaned over.

Caught off guard, Xu You was taken aback.

Her checks were hot, and she supported her forehead with one hand, quickly crumpling the small note in her hand, holding it in her palm.

"What, you're making it so mysterious!"

"It's nothing..."

Xu You took a book, her fingers pressing the pages, lowering her head to hide her look.

Because there was physical examination in the afternoon, school was dismissed a class earlier in the morning.

Xu You went home for lunch, and when she opened the door, she found that something was wrong with the atmosphere.

There was no smoke in the room, and there was an eerie silence.

Chen Xiu Yun sat on the sofa wiping her tears with red eyes, lowering her head and said nothing. Dad Xu also frowned, sitting at the side and making a call.

"Dad... Mom?" Xu You's heart sank, changing her shoes and running over, not even having the time to unpack her bag.

Chen Xiu Yun looked up and saw Xu You, she opened her mouth to speak, but tears fell before she could say a word.

"Mom? What's wrong?!"

Xu You was scared, kneeling down in front of her mother, and wiped her tears with her hands. "Mom, what's the matter, don't cry..."

Dad Xu hung up the phone and sighed heavily. "The central hospital said that her life was not out of danger, the perpetrator escaped and hasn't been found yet."

Life in danger... the perpetrator escaped...

Xu You raised her head anxiously and asked, "Dad, what's the matter?"

Chen Xiu Yun was full of thoughts, shaking her head, and said simply in a few words, "Your grandma... she went out to buy groceries in the morning, and was hit by a motorcycle. She was sent to the hospital and is still being rescued..."

She spoke intermittently, and choked up for a while.

Xu You was stunned, thinking that she had heard wrongly, and her mind went blank.

She took a long time to react.

"... Can I go back and see Grandma?"

Dad Xu smoked cigarettes one after another, after a period of silence, he said in a calm voice, "What can you do when you're there, go to school, kids shouldn't worry about such things."

"No... but Grandma..."

"I told you to leave it alone!" Dad Xu looked like he didn't want to talk about this topic anymore.

Unexpectedly, these words caused Chen Xiu Yun to burst out suddenly, saying in a hateful voice, "Just leave it alone! My dad has been dead for so many years, how long are you going to hold that grudge in your heart... now my mother..." As she spoke, she couldn't continue, covering her face and sobbing softly.

"Hey hey, do you know what happened to Xu You?"

Song Yi Fan asked Fu Xue Li in a low voice.

"I don't know either, I asked for a long time, but she wouldn't say..." Fu Xue Li muttered.

Ever since the afternoon, Xu You was obviously not quite right, she kept her head down and her mind lost.

She didn't say anything when the others asked her.

When she had her eyesight checked, she stared at the eye chart and got distracted a few times, and was needed to be asked several times by the doctor before she could come back to her senses.