34. Cold Night

Xie Ci of course immediately said, "Sure."

Xu You lowered her head and thought for a moment, and asked hesitantly, "Then what do you like to eat?"

"Anything."

Ten minutes later, the two went to a well-known long street in Xizhen, with deep winding alleys hidden at both sides.

There was a light fog at night, and the air was cool. Red lanterns were hung on both sides of the street, and the bluestone slabs were wet from yesterday's rain and mottled all the way.

It was a little late, so there were very little people coming and going on the street.

Xie Ci looked around. He was tall, wearing a black jacket, the hem of the white T-shirt inside exposed.

Xu You glanced at him. "Zip up your jacket."

He tilted his head, his thin lips curling up a little.

"Why are we making so many turns, you're not thinking of abducting me home, are you?"

Xu You was a little speechless after hearing Xie Ci. "Why would I want to abduct you home..."

"Because I'm handsome." he didn't even think about it.

Xu You: ......

She took him to a noodle soup restaurant. The store was not that big, and it was already late, but there were still quite a lot of people sitting and waiting outside in the open air.

Xu You and him went inside and found a place to sit down. The seats were side by side, the place a bit small, Xu You had no choice but to get closer to Xie Ci.

"What are you eating?"

Xu You pulled out a piece of tissue paper, her hair hanging down her face, burying her head and earnestly wiped the oil-stained table in front of them.

"How would I know."

There was a faint smell of simmering food wafting over.

Xie Ci squeezed over, pressing a small amount of weight on her body, and deliberately said, "You're the host, I'm the guest, is this how you entertain me?"

"You're heavy." Xu You hurriedly raised her hand and pushed his shoulder. "Get up."

The both of them bickered a little, when the lady boss came over with a ledger and a pen. "Ah la qiu sa?"

This was asked in the local dialect, Xie Ci couldn't understand, and frowned. "What?"

This time the lady boss realized, and thought that they were foreigners, and asked again in poor mandarin. "What do you eat?"

Xu You put down the tissue paper, turning around and waved her hands. "Yi qie wu wu chi li."

Xie Ci leaned close to her ear, his eyes turning. "What are you talking about?"

"I said, I'm not eating, only you." she explained in a low voice.

Look at the intimacy between these two.

The lady boss laughed, and asked, "Ge ma mei mei bang di di wei wu li xiang ge? (Bringing your boyfriend home?)"

"Wu zi wu zi. (No no.)"

The lady boss only thought she was shy, then asked, "Nong dui xiang qie sa? (What is your boyfriend eating?)"

Xu You shook her head. "Yi wu zi wu dui xiang. (He's not my boyfriend.)"

This time, Xie Ci guessed and understood two words. He asked seriously, "Are you praising me for being handsome?"

The lady boss laughed.