39. Come

As soon as Xu You finished speaking.

Xie Ci was stunned on the spot and took two seconds to react. After he understood the meaning, he felt his heard softening.

His mind was like popping candy melting, his bones trembling slightly, and his fingers curling unconsciously.

There was a breeze, and the night was cooling.

The lights at the riverside were brightly lit, the noisy crowd cheered endlessly, and the fireworks exploded in the starry night sky.

Xie Ci's face moved closer to Xu You's ear, one hand going around her back, letting her lean into his arms. He tightened his fingers, and asked word for word, "Are you accepting me?"

The hot exhaled air fanned on her ear, making her flustered.

Without waiting for her to say something, Xie Ci immediately said, "If you're regretting it, I'll jump into the river now."

Xu You's forehead was pressed against Xie Ci's shoulder. After a long time, she stretched out her arms and gently wrapped them around his waist, replying quietly, "Okay, I won't let you jump into the river."

Sending her back home, he never let go of her hand.

The short ten minute journey took the two of them an hour to complete it. Or to be more exact, it was being held back by Xie Ci alone.

Along the way, he seemed to be suffering from a kiss addiction, stopping every two steps to lean over and kiss Xu You.

About ten times a minute, he looked at her squarely, sideways and inadvertently from the corner of his eye.

Then he couldn't restrain the desire to get closer to her, to kiss her earlobe, kiss her face, kiss the corners of her lips, and kiss her eyes.

Passers-by would occasionally cast appraising glances at the two of them, whispering something. Being watched in public, Xu You felt uncomfortable. She really couldn't stand it anymore, standing a little to the side, distancing herself from Xie Ci. "Why do you keep doing this, can you walk properly?"

In the deep winter night, there was a biting coldness.

The street lamp was just above, yellow-orange light casting down, and the wind blew the trees.

"Are you angry?" He rubbed his neck, asking uncertainly.

"No," Xu You paused, then continued. "But sometimes, can you restrain yourself a little."

Xie Ci raised his eyebrows. "Restrain what?"

"You... it's..."

Xu You frowned, finding it had to say.

She can't go on.

How is she going to say these kind of things directly...

Maybe wanting him to stop kissing her all the time... so direct?

She actually seldom thought hard about how to get alone well with someone. But his behavior sometimes was really hard for her to get used to, especially when the two of them had just confirmed their relationship, Xu You thought that it wasn't that good to do such intimate behaviors with him in public.

Xie Ci leaned against the lamppost next to him, his lips curling up a little, his tone indicating a hint of sloppiness. "If you want me to restrain myself, then stop provoking me."

From this angle, Xu You could see his dark eyes, lined with dark shadows, and the tails of his eyes slender and slightly closed. She was confused. "I didn't provoke you."