38. New Year's Night

Walking out of the hotel, they stood at the side of the road.

The temperature was around minus that night, and the streets were crowded with people, bustling and moving like water. Even though it was late at night, the lights in the city were still brightly lit.

Xu You's house was not too far from here, it was just a ten-minute walk away.

Along the way, there were singers singing love songs with their guitars on the street. Their voices were gentle. Xu You stopped, listening with relish.

"You look happy listening, can you sing it?" Xie Ci stood at the side. Seeing her relaxed eyebrows and eyes, his heart felt itchy, and couldn't help but tease her.

She didn't answer.

Xie Ci curved his lips, thinking of something, then laughed again. "You can be out of tune even when singing a nursery rhyme."

Xu You looked around. Her chin was covered with her scarf, her voice muffled. "Why do I have to be able to sing when I listen to a song."

"What's the point of listening when you don't sing," he responded quickly.

Xu You glanced at him, and asked him back seriously, "Will you definitely get good grades if you study?"

"I don't study."

"......"

The wind was cold, and she followed the crowd aimlessly, quietly and leisurely, her long, black and soft hair draped behind her back.

Passing by crowds of people, what came into view were pairs of couples holding hands. Xie Ci was just beside her, continuing the topic of just now. "To be honest, if I don't show off to the teacher during exams, he would really thought he had taught me well."

Xu You paused for a while, before laughing out loud.

"You have brain problems, I don't want to be associated with you."

"Damn, you just cursed at me, didn't you," Xie Ci narrowed his eyes, getting closer to her. "You're not scared I'll beat you up, do you know I'm the boss?"

He said it meticulously, and Xu You laughed again. "You're the boss, of course I'm scared."

"You have a bad temper."

She also didn't know why, but she suddenly recalled back. "I saw you fighting on the first day I transferred here, and then you forced me to do your physics homework."

"Stop stop stop."

Xie Ci was confused. "Forcing you to do my homework was true, but when did I fight?"

"I saw it with my own eyes."

She said quietly, "Because of your ex-girlfriend."

Hearing Xu You bring up old accounts, Xie Ci felt a little guilty.

After all, he had caused quite a lot of trouble, who could remember which one she was talking about...

But...

"You're wronging me now, besides you, when the fuck did I ever fight because of a girl?"

"I also heard you guys shouting the slogan."

Xu You's expression was indifferent, deliberately shaming him. "I think it's this, whether Yi Zhong is messy or not... Ci Ge has the final say?"

"......"

"You're quite good."

Xie Ci laughed and cursed, "It's all just for fun, hahahaha fuck, then have you heard the first part, you can connect it together."