2. The Boss's Homework

After Xu You had finished seriously examining the question the teacher had posted, there was no one left in the classroom.

The fan above was dangling as it spun, the blades of the air-conditioner were closed.

She kept her things, and closed the door when she left.

The school was big, the middle school department and high school department were not in the same area, there were a few supermarkets and a bubble tea shop along the road there. The breeze included a wave of heat, the asphalt pavement was burning hot.

The trail was lined with trees on both sides, which hid the the huge school buildings. Xu You found someone and asked for directions until she found Zhi Cheng building to collect her uniform.

Two sets of uniform for spring and autumn, both were packed into clear plastic bags.

Exiting Zhi Cheng building, Xu You turned a few rounds. She realised there was a aisle planted full of roses at the side, separated by a grass field, there was an old wall. The wall-climbing tiger was dappled by the sunlight.

It was a secluded area.

Her footsteps stopped, and excitedly ran over when she saw a cat.

Xu You walked over, and crouched down.

In the wet soil, there were a few unknown white flowers, and a butterfly which happened to stop by.

Xu You liked flowers, she had been living with her grandmother when she was little. In front of grandma's house was a small garden, planted full with gardenias, orchids, sunflowers, and magnolias. Maybe it was because she didn't play with other kids her age, Xu You had always had a quiet personality. Everyday after school she would crouch in front of the garden with her bag, sometimes sniffing it, until it was time for dinner.

The leaves were rustled by the wind, she looked at it for a while, and decided to get up and go look for the dormitory.

Suddenly, there was a rush of footsteps, including the sounds of a group of boys cursing inching closer.

Xu You's heart tightened, tilted her head and looked out between the gaps. She suddenly froze and covered her mouth with her hands.

It seemed like there were two groups of people, pushing and shoving, arguing about something.

Xu You held her breath, carefully observing for a while, not daring to move, scared that she would get caught.

When she was little, she had been pulled by Ge Ge to watch a Hong Kong movie Young and Dangerous, and the killing scenes had left a huge shadow on her. So she was always scared of thugs, especially the few boys who had yellow hair in the group, they looked like socially ill youths.

After glancing a few times, she noticed that among the people in the group, there were two people who looked familiar.

They look like classmates...

Xu You was a little stupefied.

That disrespectful boy who stole her paper, and the other mischievous tanned boy.

Song Yi Fan, Xie Ci.

Among the crowd of people pushing and shoving, both of them were standing at the side talking. Xie Ci was wearing his school jacket, leaning against the wall, casually smoking.

"Xie Ci, fuck you, don't think that I'll be scared of you just because you have a lot of people!"

Fu Yi Shun balled his fists, feeling angry. "You think you're such a dick? Getting someone to fuck with me?"