40. Breakfast

The final exam will be held at the end of January. After three days of exams, the first and second grade students would go on holiday, while the third grade students will continue to have lessons.

It snowed heavily on Monday, and the exam started on Tuesday, so there wasn't self-study in the morning.

Xu You accidentally got up late, and hurried to the place where they had agreed to meet. She found Xie Ci sitting on a bench not far away. He was leaning on the back of the bench, his legs lazily resting on the ground, and a thin layer of snow on his short black hair.

She ran in such a hurry, she couldn't catch her breath. She felt guilty. "How long have you been waiting?"

"A long time."

The corners of Xie Ci's mount tugged, and he moved his gaze to her face.

Xu You: ......

She smiled bitterly, pulling him up from the bench, and apologized in a low voice, "Sorry, my alarm didn't seem to go off today, and my mom didn't call me up either."

The breakfast shop they went to was a new one opened nearby, about a street away from the school, and not many students knew about it.

The interior of the shop was quite exquisitely decorated, and had a bit of an atmosphere, more like a coffee shop. A bar counter, small sofas and wicker chairs, round tables and a chandelier.

Xu You stomped off the snow on her shoes at the door, looking inside curiously, turning around and asked, "Is this where we have breakfast?"

"Why else would I bring you here?"

After saying this, Xie Ci lowered his head and glanced at her.

Xu You ignored him, putting down her umbrella at the door, taking off her gloves and pushed open the glass door to enter. The wind chimes rang, and Xie Ci followed behind.

They randomly found a seat by the window and sat down. Xie Ci flipped open the menu, and asked, "What do you want to eat?"

The heating was turned on in the shop. Xu You put her bag aside, lowering her head and taking off the scarf wrapped around her neck. "I'm fine with anything."

After thinking for a while, she then said, "I don't like eating dry food."

"What dry food?"

"Something like steamed buns, maybe?" Xu You smiled sheepishly. "I'm not used to it."

"What else?"

"Nothing else, I can eat wontons, or porridge..."

He just said "Mhm", and then said, "I got it."

After waiting for a while, breakfast was served. Xu You stared, dumbfounded, as two waiters placed dishes on the table one by one.

Cream steamed buns, red bean porridge, wontons, fried noodles, shredded meat noodle soup, soy milk, fried dough fritters, beef noodles...

The steaming food was placed on the clean white marble table one after another. The waiter joked, "Do you have friends coming? Can you eat so much in one sitting?"

After the two people left, Xu You said, "Don't spend your money anyhow."

Something was wrong with Xie Ci, and he was especially lacking in energy early in the morning. His eyelashes was half-knocked. He turned the tea cup in his hand, and yawned, "It doesn't matter, hurry up and eat."

He looked like it really didn't matter.

Xu You lowered her head and drank the porridge, not wanting to talk, and not wanting to pay attention to him.