30. Playing With Snow

The weather had been getting colder and colder recently.

Xu You grew up in the south, where the climate in winter was generally mild and humid. In the past few days, the temperature in Lincheng had dropped sharply, approaching below zero, which made her a little uncomfortable.

When the seasons change, she would catch a cold easily. Before leaving in the morning, Chen Xiu Yun wrapped her in a green scarf knitted with wide wool, and told her, "You'll eat lunch at the cafeteria, the weather forecast said that it will rain and snow today, so be careful on the road."

Xu You squatted at the entrance, putting on her boots, nodding her head obediently. "Got it, mom."

There was very little snow in the south. In Xu You's memory since she was a child, she had almost never seen a scene like 'clear snow, clear clouds, bright and cold sun' which was in books.

Walking on the street, there was a small layer of white crushed snow spread on the roof and ground. There was a soft crunching sound where her shoes stepped on.

Xu You felt new. She wore fluffy gloves, holding a handful of snow, holding an umbrella in her hand, studying the shape of snowflakes along the way.

Walking all the way, she felt a little strange, but she couldn't tell what was.

When she got to school, she realised there were red vests on duty at the school gate today.

The red vests were a group of year one students from student unions, and they were in charge of school discipline.

They held small notebooks in their hands and occasionally stopped passing students.

Xu You put the umbrella on her shoulder, removing her school bag, and lowered her head to search for her school badge in a pile of books.

She searched for a while but she couldn't find it.

She felt that the gloves were in the way, so she continued to grope after taking them off.

Turning it upside down, there was still nothing.

Xu You looked up and thought for a while, and secretly screamed in her heart. She must have left her school badge in the classroom without putting it in her school bag yesterday.

At this time, there were still ten minutes before class.

She was also afraid that she would get caught and cause the class points to deduct. So she had no choice but to linger in place, in a dilemma.

Just as she was struggling, a familiar teasing voice came from not far away. "Yo, you're standing at the school gate in full armor, are you getting ready to blow up the school?"

Xu You raised her head suddenly, and looked towards the source of the voice.

Xie Ci walked towards her.

Next to him were two boys she didn't know.

"Xie Ci!"

Her eyes lit up. Finally seeing a classmate, she didn't care about anything else, running up two steps and said, "Can you do me a favor."

Xie Ci took two steps back, putting his hands in his pockets, looking down at her who was under the umbrella.

Not speaking either.

Xu You was uncomfortable being watched, and couldn't help but take two steps back. "What are you looking at...?"

"I'm saying, you..." He tilted his head, playing with taste. "Why are you wrapped up like a bear."

Xu You: ......

The two boys next to him bursted out laughing.

Xie Ci glanced at them lightly.