36. New Year's Eve

On Thursday afternoon, the whole school was jubilant. Because of New Year's Day, the holiday was one day in advance, until evening self study on Monday.

According to the past practice of holidays, some people in class will always organize the entire class to have dinner and karaoke. Tonight was New Year's Eve, and many people have been discussing where to go tonight in the class group chat since last night.

Xu You sat on her seat, copying the questions left by the teacher on the blackboard. Zheng Xiao Lin sitting next to her was excitedly discussing with the people behind her where to go tonight on New Year Eve's.

A rustling discussion sound came over:

"Let's go to Bell Tower on Pingan Street to celebrate New Year's Eve!"

"Damn, last time there was almost a stampede, did you forget, and you still dared to go."

"Can't you think of something new, Pingan Street will definitely be crowded at night."

"Hahahaha, fuck you, did you forget that countdown last year in Pingan Street. In the end, there were couples all around, they were all in a pair, it was a huge stab to the heart, you know? ..."

"Nah, I'm going to watch Mango TV's New Year's Eve party at home..."

"You're so boring..."

"......"

"Oh, right!! You You, tonight!"

Zheng Xiao Lin seemed to suddenly remember, turning her head and asked, "Are you free tonight?"

"Ah?" Xu You was occupied, and didn't hear clearly. "What did you say?"

Just as Zheng Xiao Lin was about to repeat, a tall and thin figure suddenly appeared in front of her.

She stopped talking, and the words she wanted to say was stuck in her throat.

Xie Ci had his hands in his pockets, leaning against the podium, and pushed Xu You's desk with his knee. "Let's go play in the afternoon?"

"Get out of the way, you're blocking me from copying the questions." Xu You got up a little, poking her head to the left.

He laughed, lowering his eyelids and asked, "Are you going?"

Xu You shook her head. "No, I have something to do."

It was not a lie, she really had something to do. Recently, she always had intermittent stomach pains. Today was a holiday, and Chen Xiu Yun happened to have time, so she said to take her to the hospital for the doctor to check.

"What thing?"

"Something very important."

He persisted, "What is it."

Xu You finished copying the last word, the nib of the pen pausing on the paper, and she replied softly, "Don't ask, I really have something to do."

"Is it that you always have something to do every time I look for you?" Xie Ci's voice was bland.

Xu You was speechless, clenching the cap of her pen in her hand, and continued to shake her head.

The atmosphere was a little tense for a while.

The person beside quietly looked at Xu You, then at Xie Ci, and then at Xu You.

No one made a sound.

After waiting for two or three seconds, she lowered her head, saying nothing.

Xie Ci said "oh", then walked down the podium, exiting the classroom.