28. Rainy Night

It seemed to be raining heavily at night.

The cold wind outside beat against the window, the branches were blown off in the middle of the road.

Xu You curled up her body, sleeping uneasily.

In the middle of the night, she was suddenly awakened, her leg suddenly kicked.

She didn't know why, semiconsciously, Xu You kept feeling that something was on her mind.

She couldn't tell what it was, but her body was weak and she couldn't breathe.

She turned over, and picked up the phone which was beside her pillow.

At three o'clock in the middle of the night, there was an unread message.

Xu You didn't manage to react, she stared at the phone, but the focus of her eyes were spread out. She subconsciously clicked on the message.

A line of words popped out.

[If you're awake go downstairs.]

It was sent two hours ago.

God...

Xu You was a little confused, her mind a little dazed, unable to figure out what was happening.

Maybe it was telepathy, but just as she was about to put down the phone after reading the message, a call from Xie Ci suddenly came in.

Xu You was startled, and she immediately woke up.

In the silent darkness, the light of the phone kept jumping.

She hid herself under the blankets, and softly said hello after answering it.

"You answered so fast."

There seemed to be a low laugh.

Xu You didn't dare to speak loudly, and muffled her voice. "Why are you calling me at this time."

She was afraid that the loud noise would wake her parents up, so she changed her position and knelt down on the bed with her head buried in her arms.

But this way, less oxygen could enter.

Xie Ci laughed vaguely. "Fuck, I'm freezing to death, can you hurry up and come down."

Xu You thought he was joking.

"Now?"

"Mm."

"Now?!" She couldn't believe it, and asked again.

"Mm."

After waiting a few seconds, Xie Ci said in a serious tone, "Really, I've been waiting for two hours, Jie Jie, do you still want your candy, it's already dry and crumbling."

Xu You was first stunned, then said, "I was joking."

"I took it seriously." His voice was quiet, not angry.

"Sorry, you should hurry up and go home, I'm going to sleep, bye."

Xu You didn't dare to wait for him to speak, she hurriedly finished speaking, and quickly hung up.

Her heart was pounding.

After coming out from the blankets, she then realised she was lacking in oxygen. Xu You opened her mouth and took a few quick breaths of fresh air.

Xu You sat on the bed hugging her blanket, staring blankly at the dark air in front of her for a while, unable to fall asleep.

The rain hit the ground heavily, as if hitting into her heart.