3. Very Bad

Lunch break passed by quickly.

Afternoon classes start at 2.30, three periods, and evening self-study was not compulsory for everyone to attend. Xu You put her books in her bag, wore a short-sleeved shirt and her school jacket and went to the classroom.

In the September day, it was especially hot and stuffy in the afternoon. Walking all the way to class, sweat was already forming on the forehead.

It was already 2.15, but there were only two or three people scattered in the classroom.

Xu You sat at her seat, glanced around, took out her books and shook her head.

If she hadn't know her class had PE in the morning, she would have thought that everyone went to gather at the exercise yard on the first period.

After quietly doing some math questions, people started entering the classroom one by one. Xu You was holding her pen in her hands, looking down and flipping through her books when a cup of crushed ice was placed on her table.

She looked up, Fu Xue Li was carrying a small leather Hello Kitty bag. She smiled. "Kid, I bought this for you."

"Ah?" Xu You hurriedly stood up, allowing Fu Xue Li to enter. She stuttered, "This... I..."

"What this and I."

Fu Xue Li shook her head, and raised her eyebrows. "If you're not drinking it I'm going to throw it away."

After a few seconds, Xu You lowered her head, and gently said, "Thank you."

She thought about it for a while. She felt that her new classmates in this class was not as bad as what the rumours had said.

At least her desk mate, Fu Xue Li, was an enthusiastic and pretty girl.

Xu You chewed on her straw, secretly glancing at the person next to her who was on her phone.

She accidentally took a big sip, the crushed ice was too cold, causing her to get brain freeze.

She couldn't help but coughed, but was scared that it would affect the other students in the class, so she covered up her mouth.

Xu You rarely drank these kinds of things, she only drank cold water and green bean soup her grandma made at home. These kind of weird and cold beverages, she rarely touched them.

Fu Xue Li looked at her, and started laughing out loud. She suddenly asked, "Hey... kid, do you have a boyfriend?"

"Ah?" Xu You was frozen, then shook her head. "No."

"You're so cute, did no one chase after you?"

Xu You was embarrassed by her words. "I'm not cute, you're the first person to say that I'm cute."

"Really?" Fu Xue Li laughed again. "This means I have good taste."

Just like that, the two of them, nestled in their seats, started chatting with each other.

Actually, Xu You wasn't those traditional introverted girls, it's just that she needed to take time to get warmed up. After getting familiarised, she realised that she actually had a lot to say.

Slowly, the class was getting full, and was starting to get noisy. The teacher walked up to the podium holding handouts.

Xu You quickly finished the contents in her cup, cleaned her desk and took out her language textbook.

"Eh, why is there two empty seats behind group four, who's sitting there?" The language teacher pointed, asking the class president.

"Xie Ci and Song Yi Fan."