7. Why Are You Running?

She held in a breath as she ran, and only exhaled when she reached the classroom.

Slowing down her steps, Xu You pushed open the back door of the classroom, raised her hand and softly shouted present.

The english teacher was holding a book explaining a question, and looked at her for a while, then she slowly asked, "Where did you go?"

The teacher's surname was Zhang, a middle-aged woman, and she was going through menopause. She treated her students harshly, and it was a pity that Xu You didn't get to figure that out since she was new.

She bit her lip, not wanting to delay the class time. She stuttered while she explained, "I'm sorry, I went to the restroom."

Teacher Zhang asked, "What about you, Xie Ci, you went to the restroom too?"

What?

Xu You froze.

She heard the person behind her laugh. She turned sharply, and was surprised.

She didn't know when Xie Ci had been standing behind her, the distance between them extremely close. His tall body leaned against the door, his jacket slightly open, exposing his T-shirt. Just like its owner, the skull on the shirt was flaunted in front of Xu You's face.

Looking at her bewildered expression, Xie Ci laughed even harder, and used a voice only both of them could hear, as he asked in a low voice, "Student, you're running after seeing that?"

Someone started cheering from the back row.

"— — I'm asking you, Xie Ci, you'll feel uncomfortable if you don't show up late for my class, right?" Teacher Zhang slammed the book on the podium, her shrill voice piercing through the classroom.

Xu You felt frightened as she listened, not daring to speak to Xie Ci, lowering her head without speaking.

After a few seconds.

The person behind looked up, and casually asked, "How do you want me to feel comfortable?"

......

After the whole class fell silent, there was an earth shattering uproar.

The boys at the back buzzed, some blew whistles, some were bent over their desks laughing until there were unable to straighten their backs.

Wu Peng Fei yelled at him, "Ci Ge, just speak well, why did you make it obscene."

Their smiles and laughter made the teacher even more angry. Her face was flushed from trying to hold back, and she gritted her teeth, trying to hold her seizure due to the amount of people.

In the end, Xu You was allowed back into her seat, while Xie Ci was sent out of class to stand for a period.

But he wasn't very honest, because after a few minutes, he was nowhere to be seen outside of the classroom.

Teacher Zhang picked up her book, and trembled while she said, "There will be an exam the day after tomorrow, I'll see if you can still laugh like this when your results come out."

As soon as this remark came out, the entire class immediately wailed.

Someone asked, "Teacher, didn't we just started school..."

"It's because we just started school, that's why you guys need to be refreshed."

Xu You took out all of her books, her hand pressed against her abdomen, and rested her chin on the desk as she wrote the third english reading.