26. Going Home

The girl's parents were also taken aback for a moment, the berating words that were about to rush out of their mouths were choked in their throats.

The plot reversed so quickly, which made the people present feel unexpected.

"Little girl, are you sure you were with Xie Ci that time?"

Someone presented a question, voice stern. "This isn't a joke to play."

"I'm sure... keke..." Xu You's face was pale, her hand clenched into a tight fist and put it on her lips, coughing twice.

When she coughed, her thin shoulders bowed slightly and trembled together, the ponytail tied behind her head slid to her shoulders.

Xie Ci was more than a head taller than Xu You, and he was close to her, subconsciously wanting to hold her arm. As soon as his arm moved, he was glared at by his father.

He kept his hand to himself.

Xie Dong Yun frowned, and finally relaxed a little.

He picked up his phone and called someone, as soon as the call was answered, he immediately said, "Get me the footage of the underground parking lot of Zhengda Plaza on the afternoon of 17 October."

"......"

"What??!" Xie Dong Yun stood up from the sofa, and walked briskly to the corridor outside.

The rest of the people in the office looked at each other.

After a moment of silence, the girl's mother yelled at Xu You, "Don't think whatever you say is the truth, you need to show me the evidence, why is my daughter so miserable, getting into this kind of things..."

She cried and wiped her tears again.

Xu You didn't say anything, but the year director came out to smooth things over first. "Since it's said there was footage, then you shouldn't be so anxious first, Mama Liu. Whether it was really done by our school's student, it's still up for discussion."

After all, it was also not ideal if the situation gets too big, so the school is willing to move closer to a peaceful solution.

After arguing for a while, Xie Dong Yun came back from calling outside.

He first glanced at Xie Ci, and then said in a deep voice, "There is footage of my son in the elevator at 5.20 in the mall, and the surveillance shows that he didn't drive out of the mall until 6.15. As for the time the accident happened to your daughter, there is enough evidence that my son was not present..."

As soon as this came out, most of the people present heaved a sigh of relief.

Coming out of the principal's office, Xu You walked ahead, and Xie Ci stared at the road, following silently all the way.

It was almost December, and the weather temperature had suddenly dropped. Although the afternoon sun was shining, the wind blew on people's faces, still hurting.

Walking by the water fountain, she gradually stopped, staring at the bubbling clusters of small water jets in a daze.

"Um..."

Xie Ci's sudden utterance startled Xu You.

He tilted his head, leaning very close.

"Move out of the way a little bit." Xu You wanted to push him away.

Xie Ci neither spoke nor backed away, just staring at her. "Why did you help me today?"

"......" Xu You looked away.