Chapter 1

Sumayya

Groaning I stood up from my bed and went to perform ablution , I had been working overnight on a work project and I was exhausted .

After praying fajr [morning prayer] I went to freshen up after seeing my panda eyes in the mirror, there was nothing to cover my dark circles since I don't apply make up, so i just pull up my hoodie and went downstairs.

"Salamalikum " kemi the househelp said as the mopped the floor of the living room " walaikumsalam "I replied and went into the kitchen.

,I quickly made my self a cup of tea and sat down to check my mails "oh God "I said seeing and email from working with the message that I had to be present at work today for an impromptu meeting.

I worked as a research psychologist in a health based company the company is also has a hospital so I sometimes work at the hospital too.

I went upstairs to get ready after I sent kemi to serve my parents tea in their bedroom.

After I was done I put on my hijab and came downstairs with my work bag "Salamalikum daddy, mommy" I said sitting with them they were watching the morning news with their cups of tea.

"are you going to work on Sunday "my mom asked and I nodded "yes they just sent an email from work that we have an impromptu meeting" I replied and stood up to go.

"Bye mom, dad " I said picking up an apple from the tray "but you didn't even have breakfast " my mom said frowning ,

she then asked kemi to quickly bring something from the kitchen" here share it with layla "she said thrusting a food warmer In my hands .

I could smell the spices of the biryani , I smiled and thanked my mom . My mom is Egyptian so biryani is kind of her native food , so therefore I am half nigerian and Egyptian.

I drove off to work .

" And this will be the conclusion on the project ,thank you" I said ending my presentation

"Absolutely brilliant sumayya "my team leader said clapping his hands together and i smiled.
After I was done with my work I bounced to Layla's cabin. Layla is my bestfriend and we've been friends since secondary school , plus even our moms are friends "Lala I'm here" I called out in a singsong voice as I entered her cabin .

"I'm getting married" layla said and tackled me into a hug "yay alhamdulilah
I said hugging her back "we are gonna be going to kaduna for the wedding " she said as we sat down.

"But I thought it's supposed to be maiduguri "I said as layla is shuwa Arab "yes but we just decided to do it at the family house In kaduna and the rest of the family there can come" she said.

" I can smell the biryani come on bring it out" layla said and I set the food warmer on the table "I need to come and learn this recipe from mommy "she said savouring the food and I laughed.

We left work after eating and decided to stop for some icecream and suya to celebrate,then went home .

"Salamalikum "I greeted as I entered the house my parents were seated in the living room watching TV "walaikumsalam " they replied and I sat with them and had kemi bring me some fruit slices "I just got off the phone with layla's mother she said layla is getting married " she said.

"we also finalised your marriage with Jamal " my dad said and I blushed , jamal is my fiance who I met through parents arrangement and its been six months since we got introduced , I wasn't in love with him yet but I definitely like him .

"I'm going to bed I'm so tired " u said picking up my bag "won't you eat and don't even tell me you're dieting"my mom said frowning

"no am not dieting I already had some food with layla" I replied smiling at her

"there no need to diet you're okay even jamal is okay with you , so why do you need it " my dad said.

"okay" I said , they were saying this because I had once tried dieting while in secondary school and I ended up in the hospital .

Though now am more knowledgeable in weightloss process and I am now doing intermittent fasting which has helped me lose a few pounds , though not really noticeable but it was working .

I entered my room and freshened up, I then saw a pink box on my bed so I opened it

it had a glass plate with 'Will you be my maid of honor' written on it and I smiled It's from layla , it had other thing like perfume chocolates and some jewelry .

"Who else if not me"i said as layla picked the call " for your information I have plenty other friends so don't flatter yourself " she said and I laughed , layla was not really a people's person so apart from me she only had a few other friends .

" Lala you better stop deceiving yourself " I said and we talked more about the wedding plans , her mom was handling the asoebi and traditional wear so we only had to show for the nikkah and bridal shower.

After we talked I prayed Isha[night prayer] and went to bed .

__________________________________
Thank you my lovelies , chapter one is to go don't forget to vote comment and share .
~nana🥰