Chapter 39

General

"Hmm am not sure where to start from" Ammar said

"Am fine with anywhere" sumayya said and he nodded holding her hand in his.

Narration

" life was quite good after university, I went to do my masters in the US. After my masters I wanted to settle there cause I had gotten a really nice job, but Amna begged me to come back for a while for her graduation .

After amna's graduation, I realized how much I missed my family and I decided not to go back again. Amna supported me when I decided to start my company, she was there for me.

She did all the tech work while the company was still small , cause she studied to be a software programmer. She practically did all the core work for the company.

Everything was good until , one day when amna and I were at my apartment chatting over drinks and snacks. I had ordered us some takeout for dinner.

I was talking to a friend of mine on video call who was interested in investing in the company , the delivery man called and amna volunteered to get the food while I talked to my friend." Ammar said breathing in heavily.

His voice panicked shakily , sumayyaa gently pulled him into a hug and patted his back while , whispering reassuring words in his ear.

" I shouldn't have let her go that night , I should have gotten the food myself" he said , at this moment a few tears were escaping his eyes. Sumayya gasped cause this was the first time she'd since him like this.

"You don't have to continue "sumayya said but ammar just shaked his head.

" After a while , I realized that it had been up to 3o minutes and she still hadn't returned , so I went out to look for her.
I met her unconscious on the floor of the adjacent street and sh- " he gently breathed in as his voice shaked.

" she ha- ,had been r-,raped " he said and sumayya gasped in shock , he just covered his face with his hands . While sumayya hugged him as she cried too ,she just couldn't help it.

" I should have not let her get the food, it was all my fault , I wasn't responsible enough" ammar said banging his fists again the bed case.

" it wasn't your fault , you didn't know it was going to happen like that " sumayya said wiping her husband's tears

" I rushed her to the hospital , she was in coma for 3 months due to the trauma and everything that her body went through , I just can't forgive myself" he said

" it's not your fault ammar , it was neither of your faults" sumayya said as she sniffed.

" she was diagnosed as pregnant after she woke up , I though maybe she wouldn't want the baby, but she did she loved her baby with everything " he said

" she didn't blame anybody , she even refused to let the police investigate, she accepted her qadr and it brought more happiness in our lives , mom changed ,she was against her keeping the child but amna wouldn't agree " he said with a small sad smile .

" I helped her run away to lagos until she gave birth , because mom wouldn't stop taunting and disturbing her" he said

"Our mother changed over this span, she now behaved like we weren't hers and detested us a lot, she just became a completely different person " he said

"Eman brought joy when she was born , she was our little bundle of happiness , everyone was smitten by her ,well except mom" he said with a smile.

"Everything was going well ,then amna introduced me to her friend zaheedah. Everyone had been pestering me to get married at that time , so we got in a relationship together" he said and she nodded with a smile.

" our relationship was going well and even amna had seen someone who was interested in arrying her with her baby, until amna was on her way out one day and she got into an accident " he said before tears started dropping again.

" she didn't make it"he said and sumayya pulled him into her chest murmuring words in his ear.

" everything was over for me , I felt like the most lonely person in the world, it was true though cause I know had to face everything alone. Even zaheedah left, the only people who stayed were bilal and layla" he said as she rubbed his back.

"Then I started having anger fits,and I was diagnosed with IED [ intermittent explosive disorder] , I travelled out to start therapy but I couldn't finish because of eman, I couldn't just leave her alone with mom knowing she didn't like her . So I came back and adopted her, I steadied my self and immersed myself in work and eman. Until I built the company big, that is what she would have wanted" he said as she rubbed her thumb against his fisted hand.

"That was a brave move , I'm so proud of you and am sure your sister is more proud" sumayya said to him and he nodded giving her a smile.

" it was just me and eman , until I met you , my very beautiful wife" he said and sumayya smiled with a blush.

"You didn't meet any woman before me" sumayya asked and Ammar chuckled.

"Well except my aunty trying to force me to marry hanifa , no other person apart from that , only you Jaan " he said kissing her forehead.

" Thank you for listening to me, thank you for everything, for tolerating and loving me , for everything " he said and she shaked her head placing a kiss on his cheek.

" you're my husband and I love you" she said with a smile.

Narration over.

Ammar

" let me get you dinner , you didn't eat well because of me" sumayya said going out of the room.

She was the most amazing woman I have ever met , she cared every single time , she was understanding and forgiving , always has time for eman and I.

I then realized that I hadn't gifted her something in a while , with all the incidents and events that happened we hadn't even gone on a date or our honeymoon.

I picked up my phone and called Ismail, my assistant to set up dome things . I also placed a call to layla who agreed to come and help.

She truly deserved it , and it's even long over due.

_________________________________________
Thank you so much guys ,don't forget to vote comment and share.
~nana🥰