Chapter 29

AMMAR

I couldn't forgive myself for everything I've done to sumayya and each time I feel more guilty when she forgives me and decides to give me another chance.
She has the heart of gold, coupled with all the problems I've been giving her , she has my mother to deal with and also eman to take care of . And she has handled everything so well, I just can't hurt her anymore .

" The jet is ready sir" my secretary said and I nodded. I lied sumayya that I will be gone on a business trip for a week , she would feel betrayed when she finds out but its a risk I have to take for us to get better. I am going to London for therapy with a psychologist for 3 months. The only people who are aware are my siblings ,layla and bilal even my parents don't know and I just can't bring myself to tell sumayya yet atleast until am cured from it.

" Ismail ,don't forget to send my wife the package every Sunday till I return " i
said to my secretary before going into the jet.

I wiped my tears and prayed to Allah to give me strength to survive this three months without them. My beautiful wife and daughter.

################################
Time skip.

It's been two weeks since ammar left on a business trip and he hasn't returned , I was already panicking because I couldn't get through to his phone and he hasn't returned even though he told me he would be back , though he had been sending me a package of gifts every week.

I decided to call bilal and layla to ask if they knew anything , though I refrained from calling them before because they had left for their honeymoon/vacation last week and I didn't want to disturb them. But now I had no choice.

" Salamalikum bilal" I said as he picked the call
"Walaikumsalam sumayya ,how are you and eman?" He asked .

" Alhamdulilah we are fine , how is layla" I asked

" she's fine , she's not here now though , she stepped out for a while" he replied.

" I wanted to ask if you've heard from ammar , he hasn't been responding to my text or calls" I said

" he won't be back for atleast 3 months sumayya" he said and I froze.

" why , is something wrong with him." I asked dreading his answer

" No he's fine , no need for you to be worried and as for the reason, I can't tell you but I know he will be back in three months" he replied and I breathed as sigh of relief to know that he was fine . Bilal is a very honest person which I know from all the time we've know each other , so I believe him.

" why can't you tell me , please tell me bilal" I said over the phone , I could hear him sigh as I talked.

"I'm sorry sumayya, ammar asked me not to tell you" he replied

" okay thank you , my regards to layla , tell her to buy me gifts when you guys are coming back" I said.

" sure , she's been shopping for you and eman since we got here" he replied.

" you guys have a good time , bye" I said and hung up.

I can't believe ammar lied to me , I felt betrayed that he wouldn't tell me anything.

I quickly went downstairs to start my work, hajiya Ammar's mom moved in after he travelled and she didn't come alone , she came with zaheedah .

Hajiya has been toturing me since they came , hajiya sacked atika and dede . Now I do all the work in the house and cook before I go to work. I've been even more stressed lately with my job , housework and ammar.