Chapter 25

Sumayya

"Don't forget to pack the drinks" I said to dede, I had just finished cooking for Friday dinner, i decided to make pounded yam and egusi for a change since it was always amala.

I carefully lay eman on her bed for her evening nap , she fell asleep while I was cooking . So I just gave her a warm bath before putting her down for her nap .

I then went upstairs, to get ready while we waited for ammar to arrive so all of us can leave together. I stood in front of the mirror looking at myself , I decided to try on some crop tops and shorts that I bought while shopping some time ago.

Ì need to lose more weight I thought looking at myself in the mirror , the crop top was looking weird with my chubby stomach. I decided that I was only going to wear it for ammar when I finished losing weight.

I decided to try on one of ammar's shirt to see how it I'll look on me, it stopped a some meters below my knee since he was taller than me but the size was almost like I was wearing my own clothes , it wasn't baggy .

A tear rolled down as I looked at myself in the mirror, I broke into silent sobs looking at myself. I cried for growing so fat , I cried for the fact that my husband may not like to see my body, I cried for the fact that it was hard to lose weight.

I quickly wiped my tears as I heard our room door open , I rinsed my face in the sink and dried it with a towel. Though it was still red but it looked quite better.

" Ewa, babe are there" ammar said knocking on the bathroom door, " yes I'm coming" I replied before opening the door and coming out.

Ammar froze as he turned around to face me " ammar what's wrong " I said wondering what was wrong , he smiled before coming to hold me by my waist

"You look so good in my shirt babe" he said and started trailing kisses on on my neck , then it clicked that I hadn't taken off his shirt before coming out.

I quickly got out of his hold and ran into the bathroom, I heard him laugh as I ran inside.

I pulled off his shirt before going out again, he turned around to look at me when I came out.

" are trying to kill me today " he said as he back hugged me "God , you look so sexy" he said as his hand worked it way up my thighs while he was busy trailing my neck with small kisses.

I groaned when I realised that I had forgotten to take off the crop top and shorts .

A hum of satisfaction elicited my throat as he worked his way down to my collar bone.

" ammar we have to get ready for dinner" I said breathing heavily , he just hummed guiding me to the bed.

He hovered over me before taking my lips with his . His hands worked their way up until they stopped at the button of my shorts, he broke the kiss and started to unbutton them, I stopped his hands before it could pop the buttons open.

" what's wrong babe" he asked , he got off me and I stood up " you know you can tell me anything" he said holding my hand. I wasn't ready to face him , he wasn't supposed to see me like this with all my chubby body.

" we will be late for dinner" I said placing a peck on his lips , before walking to the closet.

" we will talk about thus when we get home from dinner" he said making me stop in my tracks, I turned to look at him and nodded even though I don't know what I will say .

################################

" can we stop here , I need to get some icecream" I said and he parked in front of the supermarket. There was one of his attitudes I always appreciated and it was that he never forced me to do anything or tell him anything , he allows me do stuff on my own accordance.

Surprisingly, I was able to get coffee icecream at this supermarket which was rare , most supermarkets just have the common flavours like strawberry and vanilla. I would normally settle for vanilla icecream if I was buying from a supermarket.

" hyce cweam" eman said as I passed her a small cup , I picked up two small s for eman and I and a big for dinner. Ammar doesn't really like sweets, the only time I've ever seen him eat sweets is when I bake my special coffee and chocolate cake . Plus he only ate it because I forced him to .

I plugged in my earpods listening to the quran while eating my icecream, it helps me forget .

" the food is delicious " my father in law said to me and everyone nodded in agreement , ammar's cousin was there with his wife and kids including bilal and layla too.

" you should learn from your wife , ammar" layla said and bilal nodded in agreement.

" but I can cook" ammar said trying to defend himself " if you call what you cook food , then I must be cinderrella" bilal said and everyone laughed at the table except my mother in law , she just silently glared at me.

" so you're feeding us sweet, so that we can be fat like abi , ku giwa?" My mother in law said with a sneer and the table fell quiet. Ku giwa [you, elephant].

Everybody was having icecream for dessert when she talked, I could feel all the emotions rushing back into my head , I bowed my head down to hide my glassy eyes . My tears were now at borderline.

" why would you say that ,Mom" Ammar said to his mother , I held his hand under the table to stop him, I wouldn't want him to disrespect his mother because of me.

" what?, am I lying she just keeps eating your money and growing fatter everyday" his Mom said and I almost broke into tears.

" don tak to my mommy wike dat" eman screamed at her surprising all of us. " look at this girl, kayi shiru dan iskanci " she shouted at eman. Kayi shiru Dan iskanci [ shut up you little brat].

" I'm sorry ma" I apologised before taking eman out to the balcony, I couldn't feel more proud as her mother.

" you can't say that to her, baby" I said bending down to her height " but she make you sad" she replied pouting .

" I know , baby but she's daddy's mommy , she will also be sad I'd you talk to her like that and then daddy will be sad .do want daddy to be sad ?" I asked and she shaked her head with a small pout.

" I love you my sweet, you be a good girl for mommy" I asked and she nodded before I pulled her Into a hug
" I wove you mommy" she said and I smiled patting her back .

Eman has mild autism , so she's a little behind in speech and social interactions but it definitely made her smarter than most kids her age.

Ammar's dad apologised about his wife , I just told him it was okay.

Everyone left for their houses since we'd finished dinner .

I put eman to bed immediately we got home, I gave out some Instructions to atika before going upstairs to our room.

Ammar was I'm the bathroom when I entered , so I just went to pick out my night wear in the closet before coming out, he was sitting on the bed when I came out.

At this moment I decided to ask the one question that has been on my mind since we left his parents house.

"Why?" I asked and he turned to look at me, " what are you saying ewa" he said .

______________________________________

We've got a wicked mother in law on our radar guyss.
Thank you so much for your support.