Chapter 8

Sumayya

" Of course not" layla and maryam said in unison

"My brother would never have a child with that bitch" maryam said with a disgusted expression on her face.

" Eman's biological mother is adda amna ,ya ammar adopted her after adda's death" maryam said with glossy eyes , I felt bad for her she'd lost her elder sister at such a young age.

"May Allah grant her jannah" layla and I said hugging her close.

" My God ,sumayya if she was here you guys would have clicked so much ,she was the bubbliest person I've ever known " maryam said smiling at me .

"Let's go and pray , then we came comeback and binge on some movies with snacks" layla said and we all went down to the prayer room.

The only time we prayed in our rooms was during fajr , all the other times were led by my dad or layla's dad.

This time ,it was ya ammar that led in prayer and God ,his voice was melodious and beautiful .

Why am I acting like I said in my mind as we sat to the dinning table for dinner .

I decided to concentrate on my food which was quite delicious , we were having tuwon and miyan kuka .

"Sumi, look at this" layla said to me and I raised my head up , only to clash eyes with him. I quickly muttered astaghfurllah and looked at layla.

She was trying to show me a picture of a very cute cat , Layla loved cats but she'd never owned one , so she was always gushing about any cats pictures she finds.

My grandfather has set my marriage with another man and am here clashing eyes with a non- mahram .

All the ladies helped in cleaning up since there were no maids available, they had been layed off early after the henna party.

After dinner we all sat for some TV, I decided to go inside since I just couldn't stop myself from looking in his direction

"I'm going to bed early" I said standing up to go inside

"wait we're having some guests" my mom said and I nodded and sat down .

" bestie mi " I heard someone say from where I was sitting , I could definitely recognize that voice anywhere

"Old man" I said hugging my grandpa and everyone laughed .

"I'm not that old you know" he said and I smiled nodding.

"Salamalikum sir, mama" I said greeting layla's grandparents , who smiled and returned their salam.

" mama , I missed you" layla said hugging her grandmother

" but you didn't even come to visit me" her grandma said

"I'm sorry mama " layla said and her grandma hugged her back .

" am so happy ,my baby is getting married" layla's grandma said

"Mama , meet the sumayya I always tell you about" she said dragging me to her grandma

"oh she's your sumayya, we met yesterday " mama said pulling me to sit by her side.

" how" layla asked confused ,"we went to your grandparents house for lunch after playing tennis " I said explaining to layla and she nodded .

" I brought you a little something since I gave you quite a surprise yesterday " my grandpa said , I knew he was referring to the proposal.

He gave me a small carton bag and I opened it to find a big tub of coffee icecream and suya which was wrapped in some foil sheets.

"You're the best " I said smiling at him ,it is my favourite snack combo. I am a sucker for coffee icecream , even though I hate drinking coffee.

Ammar

I was never an halal guy and I've had quite a number of girlfriends but for some reason I averted my gaze anytime my eyes set on her.

I've never seen someone who loves coffee icecream, she was definitely not a normal girl.

Layla's pov

I smiled happily as I watched everyone relate with each other.

"Layla come ,mama is calling us in the kitchen "maryam said and I followed her.
I knew my grandma ,she definitely wants to tell us a secret .

"What do girls think about sumayya for ammar" mama said and I almost squealed out loud .

"Definitely "maryam and I said in unison .

" I thought so too, we already sent a proposal to sumayya's family through her grand father" mama said and maryam and I jumped squealing silently.

I would definitely love for my two favourite persons to get married .

"Mama you're the best" I said hugging her and she chuckled before asking

"but do you think she will agree, I mean ammar is quite cold " mama said with a worried expression.

" just leave that to me" I said as i knew that they were definitely attracted to each other considering the way sumayya is always trying to avoid him and ya ammar is always staring at her .

"I would love for sumayya to be my sister in law " maryam said , I was definitely going to convince her to marry him.

She would be the perfect person to help bring the real ya ammar back, ever since adda amna's death, he's been quite cold , he longer laughed or joked anymore.

I couldn't blame him though , she was his favourite person in the world and her death was a huge blow to the family .

Sumayya's pov

" hey that's mine " I said to layla as she tried to steal a spoon of my Ice cream

"Fine have it , who even likes coffee icecream " she said eating a spoonful of the icecream

"But you're eating it" I pointed out

" I'm just managing it" she said and I laughed and shaked my head at her.

" so what job do you do " mama asked me

" I work as a research psychologist " I said and she nodded

" I was an architect but I stopped working after I gave birth" mama said

"wait ,so it was you who designed the house " I said and she shaked her head

" no that was ammar , though I chose the colours for the house" she said .

"You have really unique taste , mama" I said and she smiled

" thank you , you're so sweet" she said. So he is an architect I thought in my mind .

"So should I set up a date for you to meet him " my grandpa said as I sat beside him.

"okay but after layla's wedding " i said and he nodded and patted my head .

_____________________________________

So their grandparents are matchmaking them
Thank you guyz, don't forget to vote comment and share
~nana🥰