Chapter 5

Sumayya's Pov

"My brother is single as a pringle, why are you asking, do you like him? " maryam said wiggling her eyebrows at me and my face heats up.

"no I don't I was just asking" I replied.

"Then why did your face heat up when I mentioned him" maryam said

"let's go" I said and dragged layla to the car.

When everyone was sitted in the car the driver began driving , we took two cars one for the parents and one for us

I put in my airpods and listened to the quran, it was always calming until they started bickering , it was over which girl was abdullah's girlfriend and Abdul just sat in between them tired and in despair.

They had snatched abdullah's phone and searched it until they found contact of some girls .

"they are just my classmates" abdullah said for the nth time and I laughed

"help me sister" he said nudging my shoulder .

Sighing I snatched the phone from the girls.

"heyy" they said trying to get it back " first of all, my brother doesn't have a girlfriend and second , layla were you not supposed to call the designer for your final dress fitting " I said raising an eyebrow .

"Oh my God I totally forgot about the fitting , my wedding is going to be a disaster " Layla screamed panicking dramatically.

"oh calm your nerves drama queen I already made a call to them they will come for the fitting this evening " maryam said and layla pulled her into a hug .

" oh my dearest you're certainly the best " layla said wiping her fake tears , Layla can be a drama queen sometimes.

I looked around from the window , kaduna was a beautiful city ,then I remembered my grandpa's gift .

It was tradition between us to give gifts if we were meeting again after a long time and I tell you grandpa's gifts are always unique, one time he gave this Polaroid pen that could send SoS messages .

my grandpa is the most unpredictable man that I know , with him everything came as a surprise. I wonder what suprise he has for me this time .

I bought him a foldable massage chair since he always complained of joints problem. I had a courier service deliver it to his house today .

"Sumii" aliyah screamed hugging me and I laughed and hugged her back , aliyah is a maid at my grandpa' place and we clicked of the years , she is such a sweetheart.

" bestie mi [my bestie] " my grandpa said as he saw me and I jumped into his arms for a hug

"ugh you guys are so cheesy" Abdullah said scrunching up his face and I pulled out my tongue at him

" grandpa she's my bestfriend not yours " layla said folding her arms against her chest.

"but she was my bestfriend first" my grandpa retorted ,they always had this argument whenever they met .

"amarya how is the preparation " he asked

"fine thank you sir " layla replied smiling .

"Or you won't invite me because I stole your friend " grandpa said and layla shaked her head laughing .

"you know I heard your friends should be within your age bracket "abdullah said.

"Oh please age is just a number ,you're just jealous " I said hugging my grandpa

"Who would be jealous of your cheesiness" abdullah said and we all laughed .

My grandpa may seem like a very jovial person but he could also be strict .

I've only seen him angry few times and one of the times was when
we came over for the holidays at his house and abdullah drove his car and crashed it into the fence, my grandpa got his cane and flogged him for putting his life at risk.

" you've gotten better at cooking " I said chewing on my piece of chicken .

My grandpa's food was always splendid and it was one of the times we only got to eat yoruba food apart from restaurants.

We only had yoruba food sometimes in the house , it either we ordered or I cooked and since I've been busy with work I didn't have time to cook like before.

"I agree , this gbegiri is fire" maryam said dishing some more in her plate.

We were having amala,gbegiri, ewedu and chicken stew.

"maybe I should move here baba, cause your son can't cook to save his life" my mom said and we all burst into laughter .

After eating we all helped in cleaning up and then we all sat to watch TV, while no one was looking my grandpa and I slipped into his study .

"I heard what happened with baedhor "my grandpa said

"oh no its fine I'm just happy that she's married to the personn she loves " I said and he smiled and patted my head.

"I have something to tell you" my grandpa said, and I sat down , he only said that when things were serious .

" what is it " I asked " A proposal came for you from my friend ,he wants you to marry his grandson" my grandpa said and I sighed , I was dreading this question.

"I've talked to your parents about it and they are fine , it all falls on you to make a decision " he said, I wasn't sure I was ready for another relationship after jamal.

" okay but I will decide after I meet him" I said , I couldn't refuse my grandpa since had never asked me something like this before.

"Thank you "he said patting my head, my phone pinged and I checked it .

It was a message from abdullah he said our parents went to visit a friend ,same as him and the girls went to some place .

"They have all gone out " I said to my grandpa pouting.

" don't worry we are also going out for some tennis" he said and I smiled.

For some reason I liked watching tennis even though I couldn't play , It is the only sport I liked .

"Okay let's pray before we go " I nodded and went upstairs to my room, each of us had a room in his house .

I realised that my period had come when I wanted to perform ablution so I changed my clothes , we always had spare clothes here in case of emergencies .

General pov

Ammar had just arrived with his grand father
" Please can you go upstairs and call my granddaughter she's coming with us , third door to the right" grandpa said to him and he nodded and went upstairs .

Forgetting to knock he opened the door and entered only to meet her sitting with her hair open .

"Subhanallah "she screamed and quickly pulled up her hijab to cover her hair "I'm so sorry"he apologised before leaving the room , only for him to look back inside "your gr-" he was saying before she cut him off.

" can you please leave" she said pointing to the door
"Im so sorry for b-" he said before she cut him off again .

"I'm sorry too " she said before slamming the door on his face .

____________________________________
Ooh our girl is cranky 😕
Thank you guys
Don't forget to vote, comment and share
~nana🥰