Chapter 32

General

"She lost the baby ,the work is done ma" the lady said bowing to her madam.

" she will never have a grandchild, not under my watch" the madam said to her daughter before breaking into a loud cackle.

" you did your job well , huh" the madam said throwing a bundle of money onto the lady's lap.

" but why are we using her madam " the lady asked and her madam dropped her glass of wine before facing her.

" because she's the perfect bait , what could be a more perfect bait than his own wife plus he loves her more than life itself  "the madam said picking up her wine glass once again.

" find a way to eliminate the child, and a big reward will be waiting for you" the madam said and her subject nodded .

" The road will soon be clear , my daughter" the madam said to her daughter who just walked in.

" thanks mom, I heard she had a miscarriage" the daughter said excitedly hugging her mother.

"Has the girl arrived?" the madam asked and her daughter replied " yes she just arrived , we are all set" .

Sumayya

I gingerly stood up from the bed as eman was still asleep, I could hear voices from downstairs so I figured layla and maryam must have come. I was feeling dizzy and nauseous, so I brushed my teeth which helped to calm the nauseating feeling, I dried my face with a towel before going downstairs.

" yes I'm now free from IED" I heard ammar's voice as I was about to go into the living room.

He had freaking IED and he didn't tell me , I wondered how I missed all his symptoms even as a psychologist.

" so you had an anger disorder?" I said as I came into the living room , everyone stopped talking and I faced ammar.

He looked a bit different since he'd grown out his beard .

" yes" he replied avoiding my eyes , I just scoffed and turned to go back inside but he stopped me .

"Please hear me out" he said

" please get out ,ammar I don't even want to see your face right now " I said before walking back.

I paused at the stairs as I felt a sharp pain in my stomach , the next moment I could feel my self falling into darkness, the last I saw was ammar running towards me before i fell into oblivion.

Ammar

I just sat there quiet as my grandfather splayed on with words of comfort, nothing could comfort me right now. It really is painful to lose a child.

I kept on rubbing her hand as she lay on the bed unconscious, the room was full but quiet.

Her parents and my grandparents took the next available flight to abuja , it's been a while since they arrived.

I was a bit worried that she hadn't woken up though the doctor said she was out cold from the exhaustion that her body had gone through.

" daddy" eman said as getting down from maryam's lap as she saw me , she'd been asleep in maryam's arms the whe time.

" I missed you too my princess" I said kissing her forehead as she gave me a beautiful smile.

" why ish mommy sleeping" she said trying to wake sumayya by shaking her .

"Mommy is tired " I said and she nodded , I noticed her speech had gotten better , sumayya must have done a good job with the therapy.

I turned to sumayya when I heard a soft groaning, I quickly help her sit up . She looked around the hospital room confused.

"What happened ?"she asked in a groggy voice.

"Why is everybody here?"she asked again , but nobody replied ,they just went out , leaving me with her.

"You had a miscarriage" I said ,dropping the bomb before releasing a short sigh.

"What do you mean ?" She asked shaking me by my shoulders .

"You were pregnant and we lost the baby" I said as tears fell on my cheeks and I rubbed my hand all over my face harshly.

"Layla!!" She suddenly screamed and everyone came rushing in

" please tell ammar , I'm still pregnant right?" She asked

She froze has realization dawned on her as everyone went quiet, she gently got up from the bed as some tears started to stain her cheeks.

" ammar ,is it true that I lost our baby" she asked holding my face in her hands
I just looked away nodding .

She broke down onto the floor in sobs.

" please bring my baby back" she cried pulling my hand, I just got onto the floor and help her close as she cried on my shoulder.

The room was empty , leaving only the both of us ,everyone had given us space to mourn the loss of our child , a child.we didn't know we had.

Sumayya

I just sat there motionless, it been two hours of crying , since I learnt of the demise of my child I never knew I had.

Layla sat beside me holding my hand and whispering words of comfort in my ears.

Ammar had gone out of the room with bilal after our crying session, it hurt more that I didnt know that I was carrying a child.

" GET OUT , I DON'T WANT TO SEE YOU" I screamed at ammar as he came back inside . it was all his fault if he had stayed , his mother would have never stressed me and I wouldn't have lost the baby. He just kept mute and left the room.

" calm down, sumi it's not anybody's fault , it qadr" my mom said and layla also nodded in agreement.

" he should have Stayed " I said before burying my face in my mom's chest and crying.

Ammar

" it's not your fault man , she's just bereaved about the baby" bilal said patting my shoulders and I just nodded before breaking into tears again.

###############################

General

It's been three day since the incident and sumayya was now getting ready to go back home , they were now better though it still shows that they were grieving.

Sumayya was quiet throughout the drive home, she muttered a small thank God when she came home to see that her mother in law and minon had gone.

Everyone was fussing over her but she just ignored and went upstairs to her room.

____________________________________

Thank you guys, don't forget to vote ,share and comment
🥰